2 Ch Recto G’s Being Hoarded?

• Thread starter Thread starter skoora
  • Start date Start date
We a/b’d my 3 channel to my buddy’s rev G. The 3 channel more than held its own. That being said, my Tremoverb smokes them both.

I preferred the 3 channel triple to both my tremoverbs. And the TC100 smashes them both so its really a moot point anymore 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

There’s a two channel 1999 triple rec rev G for sale near me for $1250 that been sitting for weeks.

As was said prior it’s better to just get a dual or triple multi watt.

There’s a two channel 1999 triple rec rev G for sale near me for $1250 that been sitting for weeks.

As was said prior it’s better to just get a dual or triple multi watt.
Unless you’re planning on using the orange channel. Idk if it was the ears designing it or a change in components, but the orange channel in the modern era rectos is honky as fuck. The red channel on a multi watt vs a rev f is extremely similar. Orange channel not at all.

Edit: may just be the ears because mark Vs and JP2cs are also honky as shit.

Unless you’re planning on using the orange channel. Idk if it was the ears designing it or a change in components, but the orange channel in the modern era rectos is honky as fuck. The red channel on a multi watt vs a rev f is extremely similar. Orange channel not at all.

Edit: may just be the ears because mark Vs and JP2cs are also honky as shit.

I kinda like the corrected mids. The originals were too scooped to begin with and all lows and extreme highs. Plus we all know mids cut. If anything I’d rather dial out mids than try to add them back in.

I kinda like the corrected mids. The originals were too scooped to begin with and all lows and extreme highs. Plus we all know mids cut. If anything I’d rather dial out mids than try to add them back in.
Totally disagree that it was too scooped. As far as the new models, It’s not the “good” mids to me. It’s the honky honky stuff that I’d associate with peaveys having their mids cranked under a v30. Something you’d really want out in a band setting or full mix. Perfect example is just listen to fluffs tone, can’t stand it myself. Although that’s some people’s thing. That’s what makes me think of what the newer rectos/marks do. Specifically on the orange channel. Not the red. Can’t comment on the VII never played one.

But all personal preference.

Last edited:
Totally disagree that it was too scooped. As far as the new models, It’s not the “good” mids to me. It’s the honky honky stuff that I’d associate with peaveys having their mids cranked under a v30. Something you’d really want out in a band setting or full mix. Perfect example is just listen to fluffs tone, can’t stand it myself. Although that’s some people’s thing. That’s what makes me think of what the newer rectos/marks do. Can’t comment on the VII never played one.

We can agree fluff’s tone is all mids and that’s not my cup of tea either. He did a multi watt versus a 2 channel comparison and the mids on the 2 channel had to be dimed to get close to the multi watt barely at a half. On top of that the mids still sit higher on the multi watt to my ears in terms of frequency location.

With that said I still feel the multi watt is better balanced from the get go but you absolutely cannot dial it in like a classical recto tone. If anything I think the newer ones are dialed in more classically like amps usually are.

I will agree though that the new multi watts sit sonically in a similar area to 5150’s now and I wonder if they would clash sonically whereas old 2 channel rectos compliment 5150’s very well.

These are setting I use most on Orange on my Tremoverb.
Notice where the Midrange is set...

Orange

Silicon

Bold

Bypass effects loop.

Gain -11-1

Treble - 3+

Midrange - Full up

Bass - 1-2+

Presence - 1-3

+ = a little more

The "bypass effects loop" on back is important for the sound.

FB_IMG_1552405999763.jpg

I have heard the Rectifier described as every one of these terms.

Last edited:
If there is an amp that has even a tiny bit of popularity, there are at least a handful guys hoarding them, making mysterious posts across numerous forums about how truly
Magnificent and special the amps are trying to drive up the price.

A guy on gear page bought every single danocaster that came up for 3 years for 1800 to 2k. There weren’t a lot of them, and he now owned many. He then put them on his online music store for 4500 each. From that point on, all danocasters were 4k and up. Similar to the Klon.

Totally disagree that it was too scooped. As far as the new models, It’s not the “good” mids to me. It’s the honky honky stuff that I’d associate with peaveys having their mids cranked under a v30. Something you’d really want out in a band setting or full mix. Perfect example is just listen to fluffs tone, can’t stand it myself. Although that’s some people’s thing. That’s what makes me think of what the newer rectos/marks do. Specifically on the orange channel. Not the red. Can’t comment on the VII never played one.

I’ve tried a few Multi-watts thinking they would be the recto for me as I always struggled a little with 2 channels back in the 90’s, being a Marshall guy, but I just don’t find the way they made it more mid forward and bright pleasing at all to the ear. I’ve only been able to demo them through Mesa cabs and would still like to hear one through greenbacks. But I also live mainly in vintage Orange on my current T-Verb and Orange on the multi-watts just has no juice or sweetness to it. As of now, I would prefer to do a 2 channel G with an EQ giving a little mid bump in the loop.
Being able to have a MW at home and try it cranked/attenuated and different speakers would be cool though. Some Boogies become what they’re really meant to be when they’re turned up.

On my 2011 multi-watt triple the red and orange (both on modern) are very very close in sound. Not exactly the same but I can EQ them to almost identical.
They are close enough that I prefer one over the other based on which guitar/pickups/boost I am using at the moment.

Now they do "feel" a bit different when I'm the one playing, but when I had a guitar buddy over recently I had him keep playing while I switched back and forth. It was getting very hard to tell their sounds apart after EQing the orange to match the red.

*Any* Recto with an EQ in a Series modded loop and a boost in front wipes the floor no matter the version.

You can get the tightest, punchiest and smoothest ( if you want) Recto of all like that. Also, A LOT more leeway on speaker choice. Albeit a different flavor..I like Rectos just as much through T75s as V30s. Also fantastic through my old half back EV Boogie cab. Not as picky anymore!

I have some Singles, Rectoverbs and a Dual Rev G. I'm working on getting them all Series loops.They'll be staying here for good!

Back