2-Factor Authentication Tutorials & Tips

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
I understand not being able to post an add without two step. But what benefit is not being able to comment?

I understand not being able to post an add without two step. But what benefit is not being able to comment?
'Cause scammers comment too; if they're not posting an ad they might be trying to scam someone in the payment process.

For this reason I'd recommend only dealing with peeps you know or who've posted in your ad thread.

If someone PM's you asking about your ad, ask him or her to post in the ad for good measure.

Can anyone provide a tutorial for how to navigate the new 2-factor authentication for the forum?

I stumbled through it once with my iPhone logging into Rig Talk on my iPad - not sure exactly what I did or how I did it, it just worked.

But now I want to log into RigTalk on my HP desktop and I am absolutely stumped. It is asking for the code on my phone - which I have no idea where or how to find that. And when trying to log in on the desktop, I do not get the scan square on the screen to point my phone at.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

I can’t figure it out either. FWIW, I saw some Facebook or Google acct stuff. I don’t have account with either of those platforms and refuse to as well. 🤣

How long does it take to allow posts in the Classifieds section once 2FA is enabled?

How long does it take to allow posts in the Classifieds section once 2FA is enabled?
As it was for @7704A above, it's usually not longer than an hour from what I can tell mate.

@nero your film-production skills know no bounds mate. Spielberg, look out! :cheers2:

Go to Your Account (settings)-->Password and Security. Right up top will be "Two Step Verification". Click it to enable and fill in your passwords. It may take a couple hours to go through.

how do you turn it on I can't bump one of my posts
Here's a visual:

Screen Shot 2024-08-03 at 1.07.38 pm.jpg

Back