2-Factor Authentication Tutorials & Tips

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
2 Factor Authentication. Download Microsoft Authenticator app and link to Rig Talk. Prevents anyone from hacking your account even if they have the password as you have to also login with the authentication code which changes every 30 seconds

Your first born and a liver b/c this forum cant manage their security.
If you pay PP F & F you can still get screwed but hey its only money.

This coming from a guy who posts early 2000's memes from Myspace still. I bet your password is password.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

My space pw : BigBonerBBC----->

All good guys. Sucks it's so hard to trust people anymore on top of a market that almost forces you to give stuff away.

Just ban the Cameron shit that would solve most of it.

One thing just to be aware with the Microsoft authenticator app is you need a Microsoft account if you want to backup your codes. If you don't have a Hotmail or outlook account, then your codes won't backup.

2FAS Auth is a really good app that works on both android and iOS. It backup to google drive and iCloud.

Good luck

Just imagine how much worse the Internet fraud will become with a few more years of open borders.

Sell now!!!

There is a Sykes Rack Recto for $6500 PP F & F. Who the hell would send off close to $7000 with no buyer protection ?
the 2X autenticator prohibits anyone commenting on such non-sense in the classified section.
I wont be buying anything here. Too bad cuz i just got a glowing review.
Not my first choice anyway.

Idea

I feel like this thread or similar would be better suited as a sticky in the Classifieds or added to the Rules.

Because we could really use another Sticky in there :lol: no but cereal.

This thread only covers the using-an-app method 'though.

There're several threads in this section about it, so I'll have a look at a relevant-posts-only merging of all of them. This could take some time.

Also, I'm aware of the fact that some peeps are annoyed by the number of stickies there, so in order to do this I'd ideally like to lose at least one of them at the same time.

Sensible idea Brother 3; thanks mate. :cheers:

This thread only covers the using-an-app method 'though.

There're several threads in this section about it, so I'll have a look at a relevant-posts-only merging of all of them. This could take some time.

Also, I'm aware of the fact that some peeps are annoyed by the number of stickies there, so in order to do this I'd ideally like to lose at least one of them at the same time.

Sensible idea Brother 3; thanks mate. :cheers:
Yep
Thanks
That's all
Most people dropping into sell something to us may only be looking at Classifieds and not Feedback lolzorz

There is a Sykes Rack Recto for $6500 PP F & F. Who the hell would send off close to $7000 with no buyer protection ?
the 2X autenticator prohibits anyone commenting on such non-sense in the classified section.
I wont be buying anything here. Too bad cuz i just got a glowing review.
Not my first choice anyway.
The only reason you are here is because I let your monkey ass come back. Lol… I like you Dan but you’re sounding a little entitled there brother. You buying and selling on here affects nothing. About as much as me buying and selling. If this helps fuck a scammer and protects the homies then fuck it…it’s worth it. These fuckers track everything, everywhere…so Rigtalk has a cookie 🍪… who gives a fuck…I don’t get what the issue is…🤔

Further to that Dan, IIRC you're the only person so far who's miffed-enough to cease advertising here.

For many, 2FA has had the opposite effect, helping them to feel more-secure buying or selling. :dunno:

Back