7 Stringers Unite!

Code001

Who here plays 7 strings? String gauge? Tuning? Pickups? Amp(s)?

2006 RG1527 here with 9-54 strings in standard, AN/Blaze all into a Mark III and Dual Recto.

2002 ESP M-307 10-something strings
crap EMG-HZ pickups

tuned to Eb

through my rack setup

will blow your face off

Code001":dca63 said:

2006 RG1527 here with 9-54 strings in standard, AN/Blaze all into a Mark III and Dual Recto.

I'm a part time 7 string player, I still play my 6's quite often :D

1077XL:

6f3baf57.jpg

Blackjack:

bb113ffa.jpg

Nice geetz SS! I am playing a JP7 at the moment, stock pickups, also have an RG2027XVV with custom Lundgrens that I am selling. String gauge is 10-56 and amp is Uberschall, soon to be Herbert.

I'm leaving the 7 string building for good. I've got an Ibanez 7321 on egay right now and my LTD M-307 with 81-7, 707 pups is going on there soon. I just find that baritones and down tuned sixes do it for me more.......I did at one time for a span of 4 years or so only play 7's.......thats over for me now.....

Code001":c4f51 said:

BC Rich USA Custom Shop Stealth 7. Ernie Ball 10 Guage, tuned Bb. Evolution & Air Norton pickups.

Ibanez RG1527. Ernie Ball 9 Guages, tuned B. Blaze Custom & Air Norton

Both played through an Engl Fireball & Slanted Engl V30 4x12.

Guitar? EBMM JP w/piezo...String gauge? 56-10...Tuning? standard...Pickups?2 Custom DiMarzio Humbuckers...Amp(s)?Guitarport for now :cry: ...should be getting a triple rec at the end of summer 8)

Carvin DC 747 in Dragonburst with a Lundgren M7 in the bridge
EBMM Jp7 in Mystic Dream with Piezo
Schecter C-7 with emg 707 in bridge in cheapo blue stain haha
to a vht Valvulator 1
to:
Engl Powerball
Peavey 6505 +
VHT CLX 100 2x12 Combo
Orange PPC412c
Mesa 2x12

and dont know if this is allowed in the thread but a custom 8 stringer is on the way!

ENDITOL":ccd69 said:
Nice geetz SS! I am playing a JP7 at the moment, stock pickups, also have an RG2027XVV with custom Lundgrens that I am selling. String gauge is 10-56 and amp is Uberschall, soon to be Herbert.

Already got the Herbert bug I see.

I've noticed the Uberschall is a "gateway" amp to the Herbert for alot of players. :D

haha to the guy that posted pics I've got an RG2077XL :D love it though I've got to set it up properly...

shall be the proud owner of either a Herbert or VH4 tonight too :mrgreen: and I've just got mine tuned to B,E,A,D,G,B,E

Attachments

• DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,025
Shiny_Surface":e2cdc said:
Already got the Herbert bug I see.

I've noticed the Uberschall is a "gateway" amp to the Herbert for alot of players. :D

LOL fuck I know it's insane...I like the Uber a lot I just want some more options and versatility for playing live. Can't afford both at the moment! :lol:

ENDITOL":fea51 said:
LOL fuck I know it's insane...I like the Uber a lot I just want some more options and versatility for playing live. Can't afford both at the moment! :lol:

I hear you :).

If I was in an active band right now, I would seriously consider selling my Uberschall and getting a Herbert.

I wonder how heavy a roadcased Herbert would be :o

I just can't justify a $4000 house amp but I'd love to try one someday!

JCRG_7_1W_2c.jpg
am waiting for this to arrive.

Just now I play a stock RG7620

b6_1_b.jpg

Amp wise a Herbert shall be mine next week and i will run it through a bogner ubercab.

I really want one of the XL Ibanez's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shred-o-holic":958d1 said:
I'm leaving the 7 string building for good. I've got an Ibanez 7321 on egay right now and my LTD M-307 with 81-7, 707 pups is going on there soon. I just find that baritones and down tuned sixes do it for me more.......I did at one time for a span of 4 years or so only play 7's.......thats over for me now.....

I'm such a moron sometimes..... :D

Back