7 Stringers Unite!

The Armadillo of leprosy":eef52 said:
i'm about to trade my m-307 for an Ibanez s7420

i'm giddy like a school girl

Wow..........my M=307 with real EMG's is such a killer axe.......not sure what 7 would even top it......

oh yeah dude i love(d) my m-307. even with the hz's but i'm an ibanez guy and a matching 7 for my s series 6er makes me hot in the pants.

besides pretty much any neck besides the wizard or prestige series doesn't really fit my tastes.

I'm thankfull Parker doesn't make a 7 String, otherwise I'd have to whore myself out to 1 really really fat chick to pay for it.

Papa Lazarou":fda7d said:
I'm thankfull Parker doesn't make a 7 String, otherwise I'd have to whore myself out to 1 really really fat chick to pay for it.

for the record:

you are my hero

Ibanez RG7620 (customized wiring w/ stock pickups that i hate)
Kramer Striker 7

i've got the Ibanez tuned down a full step (ADGCFAD) and the Kramer gets moved around between that, standard, and down a half step.

i usually use the Ampeg VH150-->G-Flex 2x12 rig with them

also i'm in the process of designing a custom 7 that i'm planning to build....trying to find someone who can make the neck to the exact specs i want for a reasonable price, and also trying to find the exact bridge i want.

The Armadillo of leprosy":adf4e said:
oh yeah dude i love(d) my m-307. even with the hz's but i'm an ibanez guy and a matching 7 for my s series 6er makes me hot in the pants.

besides pretty much any neck besides the wizard or prestige series doesn't really fit my tastes.

The EMG HZ's for 7 strings are prolly the worst pups I've ever played/heard.......there is such a HUGE difference with the EMG actives for 7's it's not funny. The six string HZ's aren't too band though.....

Another 7-stringer here!

My main guitar is an Ibanez RG2127X, with an Evo in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck. My 2nd is a UV777, Tone Zone bridge, Air Norton neck. 3rd is an RG7620 that desperately needs a fretjob. For now it's stock, but one day I'll get around to slapping a Blaze Custom in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck.

Yes I like Ibanez, and yes I like the Air Norton. :D

I run all this into various things. A POD XT, Boss GT-8, Digitech 2112, Mesa Quad Preamp... depends what I'm doing.

Really glad to see all you 7 string guys here! I plan on buying another Ibanez 7 string in about 2 to 3 months. :)

Papa Lazarou":ed2d1 said:
For the record:
You're my wife now. :lazarou:
Seriously though, why am I your hero?

whoring yourself to fat chicks for gear man.

that's a community service and strong musically decision as well

"fat chicks need love too"

The Armadillo of leprosy":046c5 said:
whoring yourself to fat chicks for gear man.

that's a community service and strong musically decision as well

"fat chicks need love too"

Thanks Dave. :lazarou:

I like to think of myself as a gift to mankind, be it my musical talent, or my gorgeous body. You have to pay for both though.

I have a Schecter 007 Elite, but I barely play it. It's fun to pick up every now and then (particularly if I feel like playing some Cannibal Corpse or other B/Bb tuned stuff).
If the other guitarist I'm working with had a 7-string, I'd use it more.

Damn! I missed this one!

Hi, my name's Joe and I'm a 7-stringaholic. Been playing them for about 7 years now.

My main 7 is a 2005 UV777BK with a X2N-7 in the bridge and a D-Sonic in the neck. Backup is an ESP MF-207 with an 81-7 and a 707.

String gauge :D (you should all try this no matter how crazy it sounds) 8.5-60:

8.5, 11.5, 15, 22, 30, 44, 60

It's from a theory that the dude from Zachary Guitars had and it's all true. He thought that the strings should slightly increase in tension from high to low. With this set the guitar fees so much more balanced! My tone has improved because of it and so has my playing. I have a lot of control over the low strings because of the big gauges and lots of bending freedom up high.

My amp is a dual recto which handles these frequencies like a champ so long as it's boosted. I recommend trying Swamp Thang speakers as well! Very tight and clear bass! Perfect for 7-strings.

I tune in standard.

i don't have a 7-string, but i definitely see one in my future.

that said, is the "beginner" Ibanez model (RG7321 i believe) any good? or are there any other cheaper 7-strings?

RG7321 is a good beginner model. I had a Washburn WG587 and it was an absolute piece of camel shit. My Squier from those Strat Packs was fucking better. I can't stand fixed bridges though so I personally wouldn't buy the RG7321.

Code001":a784f said:
RG7321 is a good beginner model. I had a Washburn WG587 and it was an absolute piece of camel shit. My Squier from those Strat Packs was fucking better. I can't stand fixed bridges though so I personally wouldn't buy the RG7321.

+1, if I were searching for a budget 7 I'd snag an RG7620 off ebay.

Agile 7 string Interceptor here...27'' scale, tuned BEADGBE with Dimarzio Blaze Neck and Bridge, with no current amp at the moment :(

A year and half ago I sold my RG7620. Mainly because I didn't like the B string in a regular scale, and I prefer the feel of a bound neck.

A week ago I got a Schecter C7 Blackjack:
meaugustschecter1.jpg

I love the guitar, don't like the pickups. Need to order an X2N-7 and Blaze Neck. :D

RG 7620 with Blaze Custom/Air Norton
RG 1527 Blue (Stock)
RG 1527 Purlple with Blaze Custom/Air Norton

D'Addario 9-54 Nickel

(Main Rig)
DSL 50 w/Deluxe Voodoo Mod
TC G-Major
VHT FB w/Celestion Century Vintage Neos

My newly aquired VHT UL my soon be my #1

so..yeah the deal with my esp for the s didn't go through so i've got my baby back

i'll be throwing some EMGs in here whenever i get the chance.. i'm trying to sell my 7 string dean to fund this move.

check the guitar classifieds :D

Back