7 Stringers Unite!

RG 1527 for me.
Hate the stock pickups.

And if the guys from 7string.org (there's at least 2 in this thread, maybe 3) are wondering, same username over there.

2powern":dce18 said:
RG 1527 for me.
Hate the stock pickups.

And if the guys from 7string.org (there's at least 2 in this thread, maybe 3) are wondering, same username over there.

HELLO DAVE!!! :lazarou:

Can you guess who this is?

MesaBeno":80bba said:
Agile 7 string Interceptor here...27'' scale

I want one of those! I want to keep my UV in B and get an extended scale to keep in A.

interceptorbkflame1.jpg
BEAUTIFUL guitars for $400!!!

I have a red Conklin 7-string that I haven't played in forever. Looks kinda like this: http://www.conklinguitars.com/bizarregallery/biz7images/carvedquilt7descript.html

It's a "Groove Tools" Series. It fucking rocks, and I really need to re-string it sometime. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

nice dude....a friend of mine has a groove tools 7 also....his is a black fixed-bridge one. nice guitar, but i feel like the string spacing on the neck is a little too narrow for me, and my fingers aren't all that big, either...

i love the narrow spacing. i have tiny hands. I wish mine was the fixed bridge version. I'm gonna have to block the bridge tomorrow. I'm determined to do it...i want to write with it pretty bad......kinda dumb seeing as how we tune B F# B E G# C#....but i think it would be cool, ya know?

I'm thinking of string guages like 11 14 18 26 36 52 60(70 maybe). Any suggestions on blo0cking the bridge? Maybe 5 or 6 tremolo springs tightened to all hell would do it?

Maybe try seom odd alternate tunings....any Ideas? Open a pandora's box for me guys!

probably a bad idea... but anyone have a 7 string they'd trade for my ESP M-307 with an 81-7 and a 707 installed?

Seven string addict over here too! Hi, I'm Christopher from ss.org for the other locals. I didn't see this post, I've been busy haunting the NWS forum. :D

I'm currently running a stock S7420FM tuned to the standard with 10-56's and an Ibanez AJ307cent acoustic / electric tuned to several different tunings with I have no idea what guage strings on it. I'm running a Vetta II head into a Mesa 4x12 this second but things are always moving around here.

I'm kind of in a transition mode right now so besides loving the S anything and everything could change in minute's notice.

The Armadillo of leprosy":0c7d9 said:
well if you ever wanna unload that s LET ME KNOW
my s470 screams for a matching 7 string partner

Sorry man but my 7 is my favorite 7 EVER! I actually sold the JP7 in my avatar after I got it because I knew I wouldn't use it much anymore. The combination of the mahogany body and the neck feel is crazy good.

heh i can't blame you. i almost had my hands on the s7 but it was snatched away from me :(

i'm dying for an ibanez 7
and a new amp
and some new pickups
and maybe a new cab

i need a second job haha

Seriously bro, Ibanez guitars are the shit when it comes to 7 string guitars. Easiest to play, IMO. Some people might like the bigger/chunkier/rounder necks though.

not me man, the ESP neck is pretty small, but it's just not as comfy as a wizard :(

fuckign great guitar though...esp after i installed the EMGs

Back