70's best songs

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
My first guitar hero.

And now for something completely different. About as rockin as Sir Paul gets. I think the lead guitar player was a young casualty of the smack.

Yeah. I have smoked a million briskets. Coarse ground pepper is a fucking must. kosher salt also, for me. But you ever get one from snake rivers farms or Goodstock? To start with that quality of a cut. It is amazing, especially if you nail the cook. I never was as good at brisket as I was at whole chickens, though I never cared about chickens, but people love them. Now I mostly do cooks that don't extend past 6 hours. But that brisket sounds good, bud.
I'm a broke musician that's how come it takes a year to put a few grand into a sportster so the choice cuts are something I never can really afford. I haven't had an actual steak in about 20 years but I eat deer every year heh heh. We just cut up affordable beef roasts for steak. We get the briskets at Wal-Mart. If you get there at like 7 a.m they just have put them out and all the mom and pop BBQ hustle joints buy them all if you aren't there and a couple crap ones might be left. Find one that folds up good and I have had pretty good luck for the money. Junior spent about $45 on this one and he agreed it was among the better briskets I was able to squeak out on my homemade improvised smoker.

My first guitar hero.

And now for something completely different. About as rockin as Sir Paul gets. I think the lead guitar player was a young casualty of the smack.

Thanks man. It is fun to get something different. Especially from that time. Man So much of the good stuff from that time was buried on tracks. The same songs get played on the radio. I have waited long enough to where it isn't all over played for me, but man it feels goood in this era.

I'm a broke musician that's how come it takes a year to put a few grand into a sportster so the choice cuts are something I never can really afford. I haven't had an actual steak in about 20 years but I eat deer every year heh heh. We just cut up affordable beef roasts for steak. We get the briskets at Wal-Mart. If you get there at like 7 a.m they just have put them out and all the mom and pop BBQ hustle joints buy them all if you aren't there and a couple crap ones might be left. Find one that folds up good and I have had pretty good luck for the money. Junior spent about $45 on this one and he agreed it was among the better briskets I was able to squeak out on my homemade improvised smoker.
Well, one day maybe i will send you one, and then when you smoke it, I can have half the flat. I am a flat guy. When i am trimming a brisket now, I just separate them because i am aggressive on the deckle, so I smoke the point for the wife, and the flat is mine.

My first guitar hero.

You know. zztop is something i listened to so much as a kid, and i don't really revisit often enough. Man there are some great songs being thrown out in this thread.

Well, one day maybe i will send you one, and then when you smoke it, I can have half the flat. I am a flat guy. When i am trimming a brisket now, I just separate them because i am aggressive on the deckle, so I smoke the point for the wife, and the flat is mine.
That would be way too generous of you. I generally don't accept stuff above my pay grade and to tell you the truth as the guy doing the smoking I have become like a weed dealer who only wants the green hit. I only want the tip of the point, mostly to test my work, and then I'm less enthused about everything thereafter unless it's brisket tacos or brisket chili.

Do you like this jam from Player? It always takes me back to the Florida Beach. They played that stuff on the radio all the time in St. Pete.

You know. My friends know better than to stay the night at my house after a party because I will wake up between 4 and 7 am depending on how sadistic I am and go jump in bed with them and torture them til they wake up and drink some more. Lmao. It is a thing. So I am glad that you guys are partying with me this morning.

Thanks man. It is fun to get something different. Especially from that time. Man So much of the good stuff from that time was buried on tracks. The same songs get played on the radio. I have waited long enough to where it isn't all over played for me, but man it feels goood in this era.
Yeah if I had to pick my favorite decade it would be the ‘70s. Hell, just from ‘78 has a ton of great ‘new’ bands. VH, The Police, The Cars, Dire Straits. And all those killer live albums…we just talked about Frampton but Foghat Live, Robin Trower Live are killer and bunch of others.

EDIT: And how could I not mention TSRTS.

That would be way too generous of you. I generally don't accept stuff above my pay grade and to tell you the truth as the guy doing the smoking I have become like a weed dealer who only wants the green hit. I only want the tip of the point, mostly to test my work, and then I'm less enthused about everything thereafter unless it's brisket tacos or brisket chili.

Do you like this jam from Player? It always takes me back to the Florida Beach. They played that stuff on the radio all the time in St. Pete.

Listened to it aobut three times yesterday.

Don't worry about the money. It is dust. But i am with you man, part of the reason i am so big on the flat is the lack of fat keeps it from being so rich and after years of smoking briskets, kinda gets old, but I smoke one once every 3-6 months and make a salsa and have a lot of brisket tacos. It is special.

Listened to it aobut three times yesterday.

Don't worry about the money. It is dust. But i am with you man, part of the reason i am so big on the flat is the lack of fat keeps it from being so rich and after years of smoking briskets, kinda gets old, but I smoke one once every 3-6 months and make a salsa and have a lot of brisket tacos. It is special.
Listen here, I ain't smoking a brisket you sent me unless you ride down here to eat some of it. I'm like you, smoke a brisket every 3 or 4 months and that's plenty. I'm already in overload mode cause I did one around memorial day, lol

As for partying and waking up at 4-7, I get up that time most days. Having kids ruined the "gets up between 10 and noon" lifestyle. I don't really party, I just like a few beers and chill. There is a great evening breeze up here that has provided most of my own personal post gig evening entertainment the last 8 years....

Screw all that rock shit, this is the good stuff:

I remember my dad turning me on to this please come to boston, when i was a kid. It wasn't my style, but it is nostalgic. I know it is totally unrelated, but it reminds me of this song.

Oh fuck. I forgot about saturday night special somehow. This is sooo good.
Man this shit makes me think about buying a jmp and starting to play all this stuff
Yeah, Lynyrd Skynyrd and CCR were always in the background for me growing up. Good stuff that stuck with me.
Although, can't have a 70s thread without ...

Yeah, Lynyrd Skynyrd and CCR were always in the background for me growing up. Good stuff that stuck with me.
Although, can't have a 70s thread without ...

I suppose the Player post brought on the Funk. And I forget your previous name. We can definitely bring the Funk. I may go down an Al Greene road soon.

I suppose the Player post brought on the Funk. And I forget your previous name. We can definitely bring the Funk. I may go down an Al Greene road soon.

@Funk'n Metal or @Funk'n Mental depending on who you ask :ROFLMAO:

I think this is the one. Used to be strychnine in the acid. Poor Cocker was feelin it here. Fucking to be alive during this time. I was born in the wrong time.

Back