70's best songs

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
Man I dig Boston. My big sister was five years older than me and turned me onto them a long time back. It took a few years to come around but man they had a great sound. It's those vocal harmonies that really top it off for me.

saw them live back in the day in a small theater (Palace Theater, Waterbury, CT) just as the first album was released. Had to be '76 or '77.

Saw many bands there (Boston, ZZ Top, Queen, Robin Trower, Kansas, J. Geils, Styx, Rossington-Collins, Aerosmith with unknown band The Cars opening, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon with UFO opening, I forget many since we just went to every show. My friend's father owned the place, and he and his brother had the four front rows of the balcony saved for their friends; most shows were general admission; but those friends' seats filled up fast, they always had more friends than seats lol.

Pink Floyd, Zappa, Grateful Dead, Fleetwod Mac played there too, but I was too young to go. I remember hearing advertisements about shows on the radio when I was a kid.

saw them live back in the day in a small theater (Palace Theater, Waterbury, CT) just as the first album was released. Had to be '76 or '77.

Saw many bands there (Boston, ZZ Top, Queen, Robin Trower, Kansas, J. Geils, Styx, Rossington-Collins, Aerosmith with unknown band The Cars opening, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon with UFO opening, I forget many since we just went to every show. My friend's father owned the place, and he and his brother had the four front rows of the balcony saved for their friends; most shows were general admission; but those friends' seats filled up fast, they always had more friends than seats lol.

Pink Floyd, Zappa, Grateful Dead, Fleetwod Mac played there too, but I was too young to go. I remember hearing advertisements about shows on the radio when I was a kid.
Kansas was the first concert I ever went to. Kinda set the bar high. They were fucking insane.

The Rolling Stones were great in the 70's.

Last edited:
1000002136.jpg
1000002135.jpg
1000002134.jpg

Had some roofers show up just as i started the grill. They got to eat with me.

Back