Alternatives to Suhr Aldrich?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rex Rocker
  • Start date Start date
I need to try this maybe. Is it really close to a dimebucker or different ?
I have no experience with a Dimebucker.. I will say this.. It's perfectly balanced, and the clarity is where it shines with great note separation. It's not bright. It's tight in the low end, not boomy. It really reminds me of a Duncan Custom with smoother high mids, slightly less bass, (but tight). I believe they are roughly the same output, (14k range)? I had them in a Charvel, and they were impressive. Great harmonics as well. It'll scream, it'll grind, it will do it all. Great for drop, and lower tunings. Stays focused. Never mushy, never harsh.

Reactions: D20
I have no experience with a Dimebucker.. I will say this.. It's perfectly balanced, and the clarity is where it shines with great note separation. It's not bright. It's tight in the low end, not boomy. It really reminds me of a Duncan Custom with less high mids. I believe they are roughly the same output, (14k range)? I had them in a Charvel, and they were impressive. Great harmonics as well. It'll scream, it'll grind, it will do it all. Great for drop, and lower tunings. Stays focused.
Wow! Sounds like I need to try one!
Lately I have been really happy with my JB and my Distortion but can’t hurt to try new pickups.

Back