Andy Wood - "Rooster"

• Thread starter Thread starter * velcro-fly *
  • Start date Start date
The guy is just incredible. He played a bunch of stuff from this new album at a clinic I attended with Panhead5 and the stuff live was as good and clean as the studio stuff on the record. Crazy good.

mighty fine pickin right there....at first I was like sweet-heavy Greg V vibe to me..... then he kicked it in and boom....very nice.

Andy is cool and the song was cool, but he took no chances with his playing. He is a monster player and he played it safe. I'm left a bit disappointed since I wanted to hear him go off.

Andy is cool and the song was cool, but he took no chances with his playing. He is a monster player and he played it safe. I'm left a bit disappointed since I wanted to hear him go off.
Agree, not close to what he can do. But, I do like he played pretty close to the vest on this one

Nice instrumental version from a former (maybe still current ?) RT member..... guy is a ripper

Yup.

I have his signature pedals (The Wampler Gearbox overdrive/distortion dual pedal, and the Suhr Woodshed compressor). He is a phenomenal guitarist. Excels at rock, country and blues but not metal, funk or poly rythym stuff.

Andy is a killer player. Can play many styles too. Very underrated player

Interesting how Alice in Chains wrote a song about a guy named Andrew Wood, and then a guy named Andrew Wood covered one of their songs. Anyway, pretty cool!

Pretty cool! Yeah Andy is a killer player. FWIW, that's one of Eric Johnson's old '69 Super Leads.

No, he played it smart by mostly sticking to the vocal melodies and harmonies. This song is very sombre and lots of over the top playing would have detracted from the song’s moody and pensive feeling.

He's not only a true gifted guitar player but a genuinely good guy he helped me out years ago taking time out of his schedule which was starting to get busy to solve some problems I had with a setup I was trying to put together. I'm so glad to see him doing well in the industry and how far he has come he deserves every bit of it

Back