Anybody has one on order? The new Grover Jackson OG san dimas and etc

• Thread starter Thread starter hopkinWFG
  • Start date Start date
H
hopkinWFG
Seems like the veteran is at work again bringing his 80s once popular shred and metal guitars back to light....

Has anybody order one and has the build at hand who can give a shout at on its quality and tone ?

Grover Jackson OG series..... am about to pull the trigger for one....

Link to these supposed sick machines?!!

Last edited:
I bet they play incredible. Some of them look appealing visually but most I've seen are pretty outdated looking regarding color scheme but I guess that's what he's going for. The headstock is very hit or miss depending on the body. Bet they play and sound nice though, would love to try one.

I think they're all custom orders so it's up to the buyer on how they look I suppose. I've seen a couple that came out killer.

You have to email them I think, there's nothing on the website but the Facebook has some info and videos.

Last edited:
Link to these supposed sick machines?!!

Ya could do a google search on Grover jackson guitars and look thru his facebook page... there are few of his new OG design which are more of a classic san dimas type...

Agree that his old original trademark was sold to fender years ago but i just hit him with an 80s soloist shannon spec build and he was all game on it....

Think we could get really nice playing quality build, wood and tone !!

https://www.facebook.com/share/2HFmzZSbyunaoRpU/?mibextid=qi2Omg

Would really like to hear players on his GJ2 and new OG series...

The majic years are gone forever.

Lets see how it work out... i buzz him on a model 6 soloist and he is straight positive accept the headstock, J or C logo and sharkfin inlays are trademark from Fender....

Lets see how it work out... i buzz him on a model 6 soloist and he is straight positive accept the headstock, J or C logo and sharkfin inlays are trademark from Fender....
-Q5wYsW-Ey1G8sndINTfTT4joTmdcGc0vD9KZ8EFjJb_3PMIx-xdCFwx3Oxn8EtUefjIrwELrVaO3ctZWBXkQgE8RsMGq73eYGynsOKndoyZIMlJCqWVJjJ72A

Those look identical to Friedman guitars GJ is making for Dave. Nothing new.
A good friend of mine in the amp world purchased an original Charvel Bumble Bee made for Ed.
It was authenticated by GJ and others.
The guitar was so rare and worth so much he couldn't gig or take it outta the house.
He sold it for a profit to a collector.

Last edited:
-Q5wYsW-Ey1G8sndINTfTT4joTmdcGc0vD9KZ8EFjJb_3PMIx-xdCFwx3Oxn8EtUefjIrwELrVaO3ctZWBXkQgE8RsMGq73eYGynsOKndoyZIMlJCqWVJjJ72A

Those look identical to Friedman guitars GJ is making for Dave. Nothing new.
A good friend of mine in the amp world purchased an original Charvel Bumble Bee made for Ed.
It was authenticated by GJ and others.
The guitar was so rare and worth so much he couldn't gig or take it outta the house.
He sold it for a profit to a collector.

Wow !! Nice picture !! I remember seeing an old charvel 25th anniversary 1 pickup and a nice flame top with birdseye maple... it was selling here for affordable price with cert which GJ signed... if anyone remember... but back then i was a jackson gay and i passed it lol

I have 2 originals from the Golden era. An 86 SD Strat; and an 88 Soloist.

I have no need for a reissue, although I'll bet they are stellar.
Considering that i just snagged a charvel model 6 in black believed to be 1987 or 88 era..... but didnt come with original hardcase... those japanese made and it indeed scratched my 80s san dimas itch abit lol

Considering that i just snagged a charvel model 6 in black believed to be 1987 or 88 era..... but didnt come with original hardcase... those japanese made and it indeed scratched my 80s san dimas itch abit lol
You know the Model series are Japanese, right ? Nothing to do with San Dimas.

I had a new Black Cherry Model 6 I bought new in 89, great guitar. But, make no mistake..as cool as any of the model series are, they aren't even close to a real USA Charvel/Jackson from 78-89. A whole other level of awesome.

I had a new Black Cherry Model 6 I bought new in 89, great guitar. But, make no mistake..as cool as any of the model series are, they aren't even close to a real USA Charvel/Jackson from 78-89. A whole other level of awesome.

I understand that... but how much of the price will it be good for a 1986 or 1985 soloist that command these days ?

Back