Apparently there's a supposed rumour of a C+ reissue

• Thread starter Thread starter ZEN Amps
  • Start date Start date
Reliable source says they’ve seen it in person. Looks like the OG. Who knows if it sounds like it. I’d assume the 90ish percent or so. Blindfolded probably couldn’t tell the difference. But we’ll see!

A few pics of a Rev F/G reissue prototype with handwritten labels on the knobs was floating around here a while back. No reason not to believe a IIC+ prototype wouldn't also be in the works too as both those amps would scratch the same sense of vintage high gain nostalgia a lot of dudes have. I don't have any personal info but I also have no doubt Gibson, kings of reissuing overpriced rock music nostalgia, would push those amps pretty hard.

CEO of Gibson posted Instagram photos of a mark IIC+ and a chrome faceplate rev F or C recto in the same post. I’ve seen the instagram post screenshot myself. Not sure what he’s hinting at but I do know the photos and Instagram post are confirmed.

Rumor has it the photos were of the actual prototypes but IMO they looked like real vintage amps so I don’t believe that rumor myself.

You vintage IIC+ guys better sell quick. Once Ola drops those re-issue clips and people find out they have even MORE bounce and feel and thump than the originals...the market is curtains! Sell sell sell!

Cameron’s back in business yet CCVs are 3k more than 5 years ago. Makes no sense. Thankfully no one is reissuing coliseums anytime soon so I’m safe lol

Jason Frankhouser & Group expert

@ Groups champion

There most definitely is a reissue. I have seen the prototype in person at the factory.

1W Like Reply

80•

Ken Lachance © Groups champion

Jason Frankhouser 2c+ reissue you seen?

1W Like Reply

1 g

John Vogt @ Groups champion

Ken Lachance Yep, it's coming along with a 2 channel recto reissue

1w Like Reply

20%

Jason

Frankhouser & Group expert

© Groups champion

Ken Lachance yes. Also saw the Rev G Recto reissue.

1w Like Reply

Brandon

Fitzgerald @ Groups champion

Jason Frankhouser silick

Write a comment..

GIF

Watch it be a limited run of IIC+ with the option for buyers to preorder them all so they all end up in collectors and flippers to collectors hands. That sounds like a dumb fuck thing of Gibson to do to hype and screw everyone over.

Yeah that sounds dumb as fuck so there's like a 70% chance that's exactly what they'll do.

Yeah that sounds dumb as fuck so there's like a 70% chance that's exactly what they'll do.
Im glad we are all collectively realizing the chance of Gibson actually allowing a common person to have a well made amazing sounding IIC+ at a reasonable price is too good to be true.

There’s just too much money to be made for them not to take the low road and drag us all through the mud along the way. It’s typical Gibson fashion.

Let’s not forget another dumb fuck thing they would do is make them in China so that they’re unreliable giant piles of excrement since Randall is now gone and not able to oversee it. I do feel Gibson is capable of completely messing up something as simple as a reissue.

Back