Apparently there's a supposed rumour of a C+ reissue

• Thread starter Thread starter ZEN Amps
  • Start date Start date
Not to spread totally unfounded rumors and gossip, but it kinda makes you wonder if Randall's invitation to leave was specifically because he disapproved of how Gibson planned to handle these reissues.

I have no idea if that's true but just going by the timeline...

Last edited:
I guess a Rev C D or F Rectifier reissue would kinda make sense. But how many times have they said they recreated the IIc+ ? mark V , JP2C, Mark VII, every amp claimed to have the IIc+ channel in it.

I have pictures and pricing. The prices arent crazy, and they look identical to the originals. Not sure if they sound as good though. The biggest questionmark for me is why they are going rev g dual when those are like 1200 used- although these are chrome chassis. I also heard that there are only 200 2c+ ones so maybe they are using NOS parts which would have potential. I have heard rumors of it having an option for triple recto, and one rumor that they switched to Rev F, but I wouldnt hold my breath for that one.

I have pictures and pricing. The prices arent crazy, and they look identical to the originals. Not sure if they sound as good though. The biggest questionmark for me is why they are going rev g dual when those are like 1200 used- although these are chrome chassis. I also heard that there are only 200 2c+ ones so maybe they are using NOS parts which would have potential. I have heard rumors of it having an option for triple recto, and one rumor that they switched to Rev F, but I wouldnt hold my breath for that one.
Sharing is caring

1729221993527.png

Here are pictures- I cropped out identifying info

What I find stupid about the IIC+ limited to 200 unit thing is that Randall and Doug have relentlessly insisted that the IIC+ modes on the MKV over the years. before the MKVII was ever released. was SPOT ON to the originals. If the circuit and its components you're building with currently are authentic then why a limited release? And then you have the JP2C which is signed off by JP himself as authentic as his beloved HRG. What the fuck is all this hoopla? Sounds like a Gibson money grab to me. God I've never seen another company over the past 15+ years seemingly go out of its way to alienate its loyal fan base. Very hard these days to wave the Gibson banner with any sort of pride.

This is all speculation though so I'll calm my tits and wait to see what the real deal is when and if these are released.

Hey I got a 2c+ for 5500 recently- the market is fucked rn since nothing sells
Yeah it is! A RedSeven amp here just sold for under 2K. 5150 block letters are back to sub 1K prices. JP2C are in the sub 2K's on the regular. That's barely scratching the surface. Now is the time to buy if you have the cash.

Yeah it is! A RedSeven amp here just sold for under 2K. 5150 block letters are back to sub 1K prices. JP2C are in the sub 2K's on the regular. That's barely scratching the surface. Now is the time to buy if you have the cash.
Got a really good deal on something I’ll be posting about when it comes- definitely a buyers market

What I find stupid about the IIC+ limited to 200 unit thing is that Randall and Doug have relentlessly insisted that the IIC+ modes on the MKV over the years. before the MKVII was ever released. was SPOT ON to the originals. If the circuit and its components you're building with currently are authentic then why a limited release? And then you have the JP2C which is signed off by JP himself as authentic as his beloved HRG. What the fuck is all this hoopla? Sounds like a Gibson money grab to me. God I've never seen another company over the past 15+ years seemingly go out of its way to alienate its loyal fan base. Very hard these days to wave the Gibson banner with any sort of pride.

This is all speculation though so I'll calm my tits and wait to see what the real deal is when and if these are released.
^This. Why would these be any better than the JP2C? And only one GEQ, I thought having 2 GEQs was a great addition.

Manufacturers in general baffle me. They all want to advance and move on from legacy products, when they’d make a killing just listening to players.

About 20 years ago when the internet first wanted “Rev C” Rectos, Mesa could have sold a billion of them. The IIC+ made sense all along, but they reissued…the Mk I? Bogner just now putting out a Snorkler. How many Jose style Marshalls could Marshall have sold if they just did that decades ago? The list is a mile long.

Gibson is just being fricking Gibson with their reissue marketing mentality

I wish Ford & Chevy would wake up to this and reissue some old trucks. Carburators, analog everything, thicker sheet metal, 3-on-the-tree, blah, blah, blah.

Ok, rant over. Where's my damn coffee....

Back