Apparently there's a supposed rumour of a C+ reissue

• Thread starter Thread starter ZEN Amps
  • Start date Start date
I know 3 guys who said they BLOW AWAY the old Mark IIc+ and even went as far as to say the old ones were "worthless Pre-Gibson toneless boat anchors" He high fived me and winked and said "Play Authentic".He was wearing a leather jacket...I think his name was Mark Agn-something.
Can’t wait for the cell phone mixed with load box/generic IR recordings uploaded to YouTube’s compression algorithm format and subsequent “Mesa has done it!!!” comparison videos. You know, the same audio quality that makes a Casio keyboard sound the same as a Steinway

Maybe they can pull it off but I thought the JP2C+ was supposed to nail the tone and that was with Randall and Mike B still at the helm.

Chances the new regime will build a better mousetrap.........I dunno.... as chance does not favor them judging by prior attempts.:unsure:

You wouldn't think it would be that difficult but sometimes you can't put lightning back into the same bottle twice for some reason.

Last edited:
To quote Randall/West & company, Mesa cannot; could not build a Mk IIC+ due to original parts no longer being available. Even some parts for repair are no longer available as well, according Bendinelli. Those components being critical and vital to the sound and character of the amp are being substituted. When Bogner reissued the Fish, it was close but not 100% and they were produced on a limited scale as well. The market reacted by maintaining the value of the originals ahead of the reissues.

To quote Randall/West & company, Mesa cannot; could not build a Mk IIC+ due to original parts no longer being available. Even some parts for repair are no longer available as well, according Bendinelli. Those components being critical and vital to the sound and character of the amp are being substituted. When Bogner reissued the Fish, it was close but not 100% and they were produced on a limited scale as well. The market reacted by maintaining the value of the originals ahead of the reissues.
I guess you didn't hear about the transformers and parts found in that cave in Petaluma last year. One scientist was quoted saying "Stunning, absolutely stunning. The perfect amount for 200 amps exactly!"

I guess you didn't hear about the transformers and parts found in that cave in Petaluma last year. One scientist was quoted saying "Stunning, absolutely stunning. The perfect amount for 200 amps exactly!"
Please take mine off my hands for the low low price of 500 dollars, it’s going to be worthless now

Blue pilot light? That's not authentic. They should buy my stash of orange ones.
IMG_8999.jpeg
IMG_8998.jpeg

The Murphy Lab versions with authentic aging will bloom and growl like nothing you’ve ever heard. Why they would reissue a G is a whole lot of Huh?….F or a C all day long just for that pop in the cache dept. I will give them kudos for at least doing the chrome chassis.
Yeah I’d think an F would be the choice. Only us forum nerds know the C. F got made a huge deal by YouTubers.

Blue pilot light? That's not authentic. They should buy my stash of orange ones.View attachment 353870View attachment 353873
I heard that they are going to re-formulate the plastics on the knobs, sliders and "Mesa Labs" are looking into re-engineering caps, resistors, chokes and transformers down to their molecular level. Even the Tolex will be like it was in 1984. This is BIG! I wonder if they have contacted Electro-Voice about their EV-12L Black Shadow voiced speakers?

Have not read the thread but not interested. I would be content with a jp or a 7. I would grab one for the right price and I think it’s cool…. Honestly- I am not excited about it at all. Might change my mind later but for now….🤔

Yeah I’d think an F would be the choice. Only us forum nerds know the C. F got made a huge deal by YouTubers
My Rev G crushes my F. I don't know why it has more gain than the F or other 2 G's I owned.

I heard that they are going to re-formulate the plastics on the knobs, sliders and "Mesa Labs" are looking into re-engineering caps, resistors, chokes and transformers down to their molecular level. Even the Tolex will be like it was in 1984. This is BIG! I wonder if they have contacted Electro-Voice about their EV-12L Black Shadow voiced speakers?
Are they gonna make the power cord feel gummy and sticky like the originals?

My Rev G crushes my F. I don't know why it has more gain than the F or other 2 G's I owned.
Could’ve been modded at some point. Or maybe someone was feeling squirrelly the day it was built. I love Mesa but they’re so damn inconsistent with builds, sometimes randomly just changing things from their schematics.

Could’ve been modded at some point. Or maybe someone was feeling squirrelly the day it was built. I love Mesa but they’re so damn inconsistent with builds, sometimes randomly just changing things from their schematics.
Mike B. serviced it a year ago and didn't say it was modded.

GJgo told me my triple was a early G with some left over F parts

Back