Apparently there's a supposed rumour of a C+ reissue

• Thread starter Thread starter ZEN Amps
  • Start date Start date
Manufacturers in general baffle me. They all want to advance and move on from legacy products, when they’d make a killing just listening to players.

About 20 years ago when the internet first wanted “Rev C” Rectos, Mesa could have sold a billion of them. The IIC+ made sense all along, but they reissued…the Mk I? Bogner just now putting out a Snorkler. How many Jose style Marshalls could Marshall have sold if they just did that decades ago? The list is a mile long.
You're making a whole lot of sense.

:unsure:

The Murphy Lab versions with authentic aging will bloom and growl like nothing you’ve ever heard. Why they would reissue a G is a whole lot of Huh?….F or a C all day long just for that pop in the cache dept. I will give them kudos for at least doing the chrome chassis.

The Murphy Lab versions with authentic aging will bloom and growl like nothing you’ve ever heard. Why they would reissue a G is a whole lot of Huh?….F or a C all day long just for that pop in the cache dept. I will give them kudos for at least doing the chrome chassis.
Yeah I don’t get the G revision reissue when used ones are all over the place for $1500. That’s far less than $4k. At least peavey kept their reissue Chinese junk at the price they knew they had to.

I have it on good authority that the C+ reissue is 100% identical in feel to the original. In fact, Mesa went to great lengths to source the original tolex and no one can tell the difference when touching both amps.

I have a feeling they’re gonna use the current mark transformer and change the channel switching from ldr’s over to relays and we’re gonna get a meh recreation. Or try to “fix” some of the issues w the original 2c and end up inadvertently making a mark 3.
That said I hope to god they offer a coliseum.

I have a feeling they’re gonna use the current mark transformer and change the channel switching from ldr’s over to relays and we’re gonna get a meh recreation. Or try to “fix” some of the issues w the original 2c and end up inadvertently making a mark 3.
That said I hope to god they offer a coliseum.

That would be funny if they end up accidentally designing a new mark revision trying to fix all of the things wrong with the originals. A IID+

I have it on good authority that the C+ reissue is 100% identical in feel to the original. In fact, Mesa went to great lengths to source the original tolex and no one can tell the difference when touching both amps.
I know 3 guys who said they BLOW AWAY the old Mark IIc+ and even went as far as to say the old ones were "worthless Pre-Gibson toneless boat anchors" He high fived me and winked and said "Play Authentic".He was wearing a leather jacket...I think his name was Mark Agn-something.

We all know that even if the reissues sound, look and feel identical to the originals, they won’t touch the originals…. 😂

I hope the sound immensely better - I truly do.

One thing worth noting is that originals will still need serviced after Mike B. Hangs it up. There’s an argument for a better sounding reissue.

But given the high percentage of Gibson to fuck this up, it likely won’t come close and we are stuck in the same pit.

I hope the sound immensely better - I truly do.

One thing worth noting is that originals will still need serviced after Mike B. Hangs it up. There’s an argument for a better sounding reissue.

But given the high percentage of Gibson to fuck this up, it likely won’t come close and we are stuck in the same pit.
All kidding aside I hope they do sound killer, although a guy like me will never probably even get the chance to play one. The corksniffing Pokemon amp collectors will snatch them all up at secondary prices and let them rot in their amp room. Hey, to each their own!

Back