Apparently there's a supposed rumour of a C+ reissue

• Thread starter Thread starter ZEN Amps
  • Start date Start date
Joke if anything. The only real problem in Petrucci sound is LaBrie 😂
I think LaBrie should drop it down an octave; would sound better. still sounds much better than Vince "quarter-pounder with cheese" Neil, which isn't saying much.

I think LaBrie should drop it down an octave; would sound better. still sounds much better than Vince "quarter-pounder with cheese" Neil, which isn't saying much.
I donmt listen to motley crue at all, so can’t say.

LaBrie just seems to sing the same melodies over and over again with a weird timbre.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I could take the transformers out of one of my c+'s without the graphic eq and put them in the reissue. 🤔

To quote Randall/West & company, Mesa cannot; could not build a Mk IIC+ due to original parts no longer being available. Even some parts for repair are no longer available as well, according Bendinelli. Those components being critical and vital to the sound and character of the amp are being substituted. When Bogner reissued the Fish, it was close but not 100% and they were produced on a limited scale as well. The market reacted by maintaining the value of the originals ahead of the reissues.
I honestly don't buy this explanation because it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What vintage components are so special that they cannot be substituted with a modern equivalent? We're talking about resistors, capacitors, pots, silicon and wire. I remember Steven Fryette saying an interview recently that his theory as to why Mesa would come up with excuses to not remake the IIC+ is because it wouldn't be a profitable venture from a buisiness standpoint. The high grade of steel required for the transformers, which was cheap in the 80s, grew in cost over time to the point where it was too expensive or rare to mass manufacture. Very little if any profit margin.

I honestly don't buy this explanation because it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What vintage components are so special that they cannot be substituted with a modern equivalent? We're talking about resistors, capacitors, pots, silicon and wire. I remember Steven Fryette saying an interview recently that his theory as to why Mesa would come up with excuses to not remake the IIC+ is because it wouldn't be a profitable venture from a buisiness standpoint. The high grade of steel required for the transformers, which was cheap in the 80s, grew in cost over time to the point where it was too expensive or rare to mass manufacture. Very little if any profit margin.
M6 is not expensive...Schumacher cannot reproduce them for some other reason tho.

What I have always heard is that some of the process and components of the originals are not possible to be made anymore due to enviromental laws and the likes.

It smells bullshit to me too. Steel costs like $1000 for a metric tonne(2200 lbs), double or triple it, and you still got 2-3 dollars per kilogramm(2.2 lbs). Whole amp weights around 20-25 kg(45-55 lbs) which even if we attribute it to transformers only costs like $75. Not too much in the days where amps cost $3500.

Maybe there is some chemical process that is restricted to replicate by today’s law, but then again, who the fuck cares about law anyway? Just write “Woman Owned and Operated” “More than 50% black and alphabet people employees” near company name and you can test nuclear weapons on an inhabited city even 😂

Back