Apparently there's a supposed rumour of a C+ reissue

• Thread starter Thread starter ZEN Amps
  • Start date Start date
Heard back from my SW guy this morning. Mesa said the reissue Rectos should be “coming out” after the new year. Jan-Feb likely.

No official date on the IIC+ yet. I’d expect spring or summer.

EDIT: That said, if you want one, get up your rep’s ass NOW. Tell him you want one and to charge your card the second he hears something. Get on an preorder list. Put down a deposit. Keep calling every 3 weeks for updates. Otherwise they’ll all be scooped up before release by collectors, flippers, and scalpers.
Buy two please so I can buy from you when I become rich 🥲😂

View attachment 353771
Here are pictures- I cropped out identifying info

Jumping into this thread way late. They messed up the pilot light. Blue Pilot Light = III, Orange Pilot Light = II. It's one of the easiest ways for IIC+ nerds to quickly tell the difference. Small little details like that make me wonder if other small details were overlooked.

Last edited:
I wonder if they're gonna print Mike B's initials on the chassis? 🤔
IMG_9122.jpeg

Last edited:
Jumping into this thread way late. They messed up the pilot light. Blue Pilot Light = III, Orange Pilot Light = II. It's one of the easiest ways for IIC+ nerds to quickly tell the difference. Small little details like that make me wonder if other small details were overlooked.
Agree and I noticed this too. Hoping it's just the prototype and that they'll fix it for release.

Nearly every Mark since the IIC+ has a IIC+ mode, the V, the VII. Some people don't realize this but the IV does as well, sorta. They say to get IIC+ DRG tones to run it in harmonics, triode and pull the presence out. I'm not sure about the III though??

Nearly every Mark since the IIC+ has a IIC+ mode, the V, the VII. Some people don't realize this but the IV does as well, sorta. They say to get IIC+ DRG tones to run it in harmonics, triode and pull the presence out. I'm not sure about the III though??
The Red Stripe was the Mark IIIs version. Mine is fantastic ( as well as my purple stripe). Some of the early black/no Stripe IIIs with the 105 transformer were supposedly pretty close as well. IME, all the Marks are more similar than they are different.

I wonder how the channel is supposed to compare to the JP-2C which is supposed to be the most accurate recreation possible already.

I wonder how the channel is supposed to compare to the JP-2C which is supposed to be the most accurate recreation possible already.

Of Petrucci's specific amp with things set up the way he likes it... ie gain pull hard wired on and a couple other options hardwired IIRC

How many IIC+ variants are there again? 5? 6?

The Red Stripe was the Mark IIIs version. Mine is fantastic ( as well as my purple stripe). Some of the early black/no Stripe IIIs with the 105 transformer were supposedly pretty close as well. IME, all the Marks are more similar than they are different.
I had had a red stripe, shoulda kept it. I kick myself all the time for letting it go.

I had had a red stripe, shoulda kept it. I kick myself all the time for letting it go.
I've owned both a Red Stripe and 2 No Stripes w/ 105pt's. They do sound different from each other.

The No Stripes are a little more raw sounding and Rhythm 2 sounds more like a cranked Blackface.

The Red Stripe out of the box sounds a little closer to a IIC+, but the top end was a little more harsh and bottom end not as full.

The 3+ mod helped smooth/tame the hair/harsh high end, but the low mids (full bottom) could never quite match the IIC+.

Does the 3+ sound worlds different than a IIC+? No, they are in a similar ballpark. Is the IIC+ a better amp? That's subjective, but my vote is YES.

Does the 3+ sound worlds different than a IIC+? No, they are in a similar ballpark. Is the IIC+ a better amp? That's subjective, but my vote is YES.

…but not $10,000 better IMO. My 3++ Coli slays and checks the box.

Sorta like the Cameron CCV that sold for $8k. Previous owners have stated before they are good amps but not that good.

I think people are quick to hop on the hype train as if money is no object.

Sorta like the Cameron CCV that sold for $8k. Previous owners have stated before they are good amps but not that good.

Absolutely. I would say the same thing about my mkiv compared to a C+

Or maybe a new model Silverface VH4 compared to a Blueface VH4

Now, both a C+ and Blueface are pretty dang amazing amps, but to MOST players you are paying for significant diminishing returns when you buy an amp like that: 5% better feel or tone, or both for 5k more. Sometimes alot more, and it just is not worth it.

That said, I would never sneer at the guys willing to pay the admission fee to get some of these amps. If they wanna spend the money, it is theirs to spend and while I absolutely think the price on most of these "holy grail" amps is insane....it is just supply/demand economics (whether hype fueled or not) at the end of the day.

Yeah I had a III black stripe next to my IIc+, I ultimately sold the black stripe because the IIc+ was better and I got it for 3k. If it was the choice for a black stripe for 2k or paying 7 for a IIc+. I wouldn’t even think twice about just sticking with the black stripe.

The gear markets funny. People that just jump at listings with no comparable sales are crazy man. Part of the Reason things are listed at such inflated prices. It takes just one person crazy enough to jump at one piece for a certain price then all owners think theirs is worth that much too…. the same people wonder why their listings aren’t moving for that price.

Back