Apparently there's a supposed rumour of a C+ reissue

• Thread starter Thread starter ZEN Amps
  • Start date Start date
It would be something if they nailed the tones and feel 100% even if by accident...............................Then what?????:shocked:

I think it is always more akin to the fact that even if you produce the circuit exact like the Marshall plexi 1959's there will always be the magic tone fairy dust that the old vintage amps just possess that modern construction methods seem to miss for a multitude of reasons.

We will see.........:unsure::dunno:

200 limited historic edition iic+'s at crazy high prices

Then 6 months later a "production" version at a quarter of the price.
Kimg, they are gonna do a Metallica tie in with this. The "offshore" Mesa brand is less than 3 years away.

200 limited historic edition iic+'s at crazy high prices

Then 6 months later a "production" version at a quarter of the price
Wouldn’t surprise me. That’s pretty much the Cesar formula. They did it with Jerry Cantrell, Adam Jones, Greeny, etc.

Only way I could see it being cool would be if the 200 are made of NOS parts and glass or something. That would actually be pretty neat.

Heard back from my SW guy this morning. Mesa said the reissue Rectos should be “coming out” after the new year. Jan-Feb likely.

No official date on the IIC+ yet. I’d expect spring or summer.

EDIT: That said, if you want one, get up your rep’s ass NOW. Tell him you want one and to charge your card the second he hears something. Get on an preorder list. Put down a deposit. Keep calling every 3 weeks for updates. Otherwise they’ll all be scooped up before release by collectors, flippers, and scalpers.
Done and done!

Kimg, they are gonna do a Metallica tie in with this. The "offshore" Mesa brand is less than 3 years away.
Guaranteed. Gibson is absolutely going to make shitty off-shore Boogies so that “the Boogie sound can be accessible at all price points.”

Everyone laughed at my video but I’m telling you, Randall didn’t quit for fun. He retired or was fired (like DLR leaving VH; it depends on who you ask) because he didn’t want to reissue amps from 40 years ago (especially one that wasn’t 100% his design) and he didn’t want to make shitty off-shore Boogies.

But he sold the company. Now Gibson calls the shots. And that’s what they wanna do. Randy wants no part. Adios, brochacho.

I read the thread and maybe missed it, but is it a fact that they're only making 200, or is that an educated guess?

You better watch out that’s like half the people on this forum 😉 all joking aside it does crack me up to see dudes with 12 mark iic+ all stacked up probably getting 3 chords a year played through most of them. Tragedy
I know a guy.....LOL

....Well in that case, you can buy the original factory C+ with 415 bottles and the full Monte (DRG) in Imbuya and an available matching Thiele both with EVM-12L's for a mere $14,000. Road cases extra.

mkIIC+.jpg

Heard back from my SW guy this morning. Mesa said the reissue Rectos should be “coming out” after the new year. Jan-Feb likely.

EDIT: That said, if you want one, get up your rep’s ass NOW. Tell him you want one and to charge your card the second he hears something. Get on an preorder list. Put down a deposit. Keep calling every 3 weeks for updates. Otherwise they’ll all be scooped up before release by collectors, flippers, and scalpers.
I’m guessing they did not mention a price?

It would be something if they nailed the tones and feel 100% even if by accident...............................Then what?????:shocked:

I think it is always more akin to the fact that even if you produce the circuit exact like the Marshall plexi 1959's there will always be the magic tone fairy dust that the old vintage amps just possess that modern construction methods seem to miss for a multitude of reasons.

the old magic started with parts with wide variances / tolerances then added years/decades of age, use and abuse.

I'm fine with new reissues and clones vs care and feeding of vintage amps, searching for period correct parts, etc.

There are always exceptions, like my '76 Fender Super Twin I purchased earlier this year; unfortunately UPS made unauthorized mods to the amp frame...this thing survived intact with original Fender USA 6L6 power tubes for decades only to be damaged by UPS. Fuck UPS!

I like my JP-2C, really doesn't matter how real the it is compared to a real vintage IIC+; Petrucci has been using Mesa for decades; in the recording of the new album he brought a bunch of his vintage Mesa amps, IIC+ and others, including his JP-2C...I haven't heard what he actually used on the recording, but I wouldn't be surprised if he used several/few of the vintage amps and JP-2C while taking JP-2C on the road.

A couple things:

Randall Smith sold the company. It doesn’t matter whether he quit or was forced out or etc. Rarely do you see the figureheads of companies sell and last more than 2-ish years afterward. Once he sold, his time was always limited. We get so hung up on our thinking at times in the guitar community that we lose sight that this is a business like any other and it’s treated all the same. Honestly surprised he lasted as long as he did.

The C+ reissue won’t be exactly the same as your vintage C+. Your vintage C+ isn’t even exactly the same as it was 40 years ago, nor is it exactly the same as another vintage C+. Different components that have all drifted in spec over the years have changed them. Imagine a few components drifting in spec changing the sound. Now imagine an entire amp full of them drifting. That’s part of the old amp magic and it’s hard to replicate. Sometimes the stars align and those amps sound better for it. Other times it’s worse.

The reissue C+ I’m sure will sound great. Modern QC is better as well, so one reissue will probably sound damn near identical to the next. Should you expect it to sound exactly the same as your vintage C+? No, but your vintage C+ likely sounds different than it did in ‘84 as well, and it probably sounds different than the vintage C+ down the street.

Absolutely do not tell them to charge your card on a limited run 200 count IIC+ reissue when a price hasn’t been posted. That’s how you get a $20,000 cc balance.

There so many amps better than the old ones .the value though is another story . Old and once popular always is better . What amps you still have atm ? Been awhile since we tslked

The sum of the parts is often greater than the whole when it comes to amps. Especially when you throw in age. I’ve never heard a Fender Brown replica or model based on a brown have the amazing balance of big beautiful clean to raw, marshallesque magic when cranked like the real article. I wish, because I would love one.

Back