Are these Chinese or UK V30's

anomaly
anomaly
I bought a couple V30's off someone with good feedback but I got some questions? They came in OEM boxes, unsealed, they say Celestion International LTD, but then it has a small sticker on it that says Celestion, the product type, the date code CK01 and made in UK?? I'm guessing these are chinese speakers that this dude is trying to pass off as UK speakers. It's not a big deal, I was expecting chinese speakers anyways because of the pic provided, which was just a stock V30 photo. One thing that does piss me off though is I think they are used, they seem to have solder marks on them where they were previously soldered into a cab. I was expecting "like new" sealed speakers. Guess I sorta got ripped off hey?

Pretty sure that date code is March 01, 2024.
Dunno where they're made, but I thought China for non-oem v30s.

If the back label only says "Celestion International LTD" I believe it is Chinese. The UK made ones should say "Celestion International LTD. Foxhall rd, Suffolk, Ipswich England" or similar with different address, in addtion to the sticker which should also say made in UK...

Last edited:
If the back label only says "Celestion International LTD" I believe it is Chinese. The UK made ones should say "Celestion International LTD. Foxhall rd, Suffolk, Ipswich England" or similar with different address, in addtion to the sticker which should also say made in UK...
Yes, I believe you are right, they gotta say "made in Ipswich England", but they don't. That's not a big deal, my favorite 2 V30's are chinese made from dec 2021, I even prefer them over the '06 V30's in my Mesa cab, which also sound good but they have a good deal of sizzle to them which can be a bit much.

What I'm most pissed about is they aren't new, but taken from a cab... fuck sakes. Haven't loaded my cab with them yet so I have no idea how they sound, but I'm hoping for the best.

I feel like you don’t have good luck with v30s my friend, maybe time for some T75’s
Ya, i'm just hoping they sound good at this point. If they sound great then i'll be alright about it.

Don't like T75's that much, too scooped for my tastes. Too much overbearing treble to them, but they do a pretty good 80's thrash tone.

Pretty sure that date code is March 01, 2024.
Dunno where they're made, but I thought China for non-oem v30s.
giphy.gif

Chinese v30s rule . I have some . I use them for when I need ultimate tightness . My original true v30s are bass big and fuller . So I use it a lot too .

Since Covid, no Celestion have been made in China afaik. So, if the date code is post 2020 it's UK made. Also, the sticker on the side of the magnet would say 50 if it were made in China.
Nope they don't have a 50 on the sticker, so I guess maybe they are UK made then, OK cool. I tried em out in my Avatar cab and they sound alright, not as good as some of my other V30's though, maybe they just need some break in time?? Are you sure about no celestion speakers being made in china since covid?? That's weird.

Last edited:
Since Covid, no Celestion have been made in China afaik. So, if the date code is post 2020 it's UK made. Also, the sticker on the side of the magnet would say 50 if it were made in China.

What's strange about this is that you would feel like Celestion would be boasting on their site over it. I have no clue for recent stuff, thanks for the heads up!

I feel like you don’t have good luck with v30s my friend, maybe time for some T75’s

Come on man, that's a cheap shot. It's all water under the speaker cabinet..........er, I mean bridge, at this point.

Seriously though, they are most likely from China. Like the old Confucius saying goes:

"Me Chinese, me play joke. Me break into apartment and give your V30's a soak."

They’re all nuts. Several years ago I A/B’ed several Chinese versus Ipswich V30s. New, Broken in, in pairs, by themselves. I can hear the difference and you can keep the Chinese ones.

I try and stay out of rabbit holes, tbh.
I'm happy enough being ignorant to tone chases.
Turn the dial here or there, sounds good, time to play!

Back