As I Lay Dying.... Badass tone....

I was heavily involved in the hardcore/deathcore/emo/screamo scene from that time, (the early 2000s) unfortunately, because of the bands I played in, and your reaction is more appropriate than you know

A lot of the "religious" bands from that scene are fucking disgusting - ESPECIALLY with how they treated women. And let's say, females who are not old enough to be women yet.

Obviously lolita grossness has been around rock and roll since the beginning, but watching supposedly christian bands who appoint themselves the moral arbiters of the universe.... yeah it's gross

i too was heavily involved in "the scene" back then, and this is accurate to some of the stories ive heard, some of the most "christian" and biggest bands of the time were also living the rock star life to the fullest to put it nicely. i remember seeing a few stories on lambgoat or wherever else where a few members were leaving these bands to "go back to college" or some bullshit because going to rehab would piss off the christian fanbase

Wow. Blast from the past! I used to listen to them a lot back in the day. I thought shaped by fire was good. I knew about Tim's jail time for what he did. I gave him the benefit of doubt because he severed his time. Thought he would change but guess not. What caught me off guard was I didn't know Ken was in the band. How long has he been with AILD? I always thought he was with Unearth. What happened with Ken and Unearth? That's another band I like. Some crazy shit going on with AILD by reading this thread.

Have literally all of your tastes and opinions been retarded and gay, or just since you started listening to Limp Bizkit and other poser music? 🤏 🚨 🚨

An entire thread talking about Christian bands groping and graping people, Tim trying to kill his wife and somehow limp bizkit catches a stray 🤣

EMG 85 in the bridge too! And the usual Mesa cab.

Big fan of those tones.

Another favorite... love these tones...

I forget which album they used krank but they got badass tone from those also.

And the drum work has always been some of my favorite, not overly technical. Basically plays all my personal favorite beats most of the time. lol

Also:
Screenshot_20241025_225613_Samsung Internet.jpg

Everyone else: "hardcore and metal, while sounding similar to the uninitiated and having some crossover, are wildly different subgenres with contrasting musical tendencies ,aesthetics, and cultures"

1000012721.jpg

Jesus dude, why the fuck do you think it's called "metal core"

They came from a hardcore scene, with bands that sound like hatebreed, not an actual metal scene - literally all of those bands did

That's why all the good metal bands won't play shows with bands like that 😂
You're wildly wrong on this one pal. There was a weird third world of metalcore back then that was fairly divorced from hardcore.

You're wildly wrong on this one pal. There was a weird third world of metalcore back then that was fairly divorced from hardcore.

I'm literally not, do you guys really not understand the difference between a hardcore band with metal elements and an actual metal band?

Back