Bad news for B.A.D

• Thread starter Thread starter ZEN Amps
  • Start date Start date
They must be insured.. It will take forever to get the payout.

I wonder if all involved might consider relocating to a more business friendly state as a result of all this? Could not have come at a worse time.. wish them the best going forward.

Thats the problem with 80 year old warehouses but that fire could have started for tons of reasons including nefarious.
This is when you find out whats covered in the fine print of your Insurance policy.
Likely a total loss. What the fire didn't destroy the smoke & water will.

I think it's actually an old airplane hanger

That completely sucks. Any amps that didn't get burned probably got drenched depending on the sprinkler system coverage. Anything on the floor is probably gone.

That completely sucks. Any amps that didn't get burned probably got drenched depending on the sprinkler system coverage. Anything on the floor is probably gone.
Id be surprised if that structure had a fire suppression system.
The water damage will be from the LA County Fire Dept.
$15K SLO's just got real.

Last edited:
Thankfully, no one was physically harmed; nobody died. Could be so much worse. ...Dave has one of my amps for mods; I'm presuming I'll take a loss on that one, and that's ok, as long as everyone is safe and hopefully those workers can get back on their feet ASAP.

Thankfully, no one was physically harmed; nobody died. Could be so much worse. ...Dave has one of my amps for mods; I'm presuming I'll take a loss on that one, and that's ok, as long as everyone is safe and hopefully those workers can get back on their feet ASAP.
I believe Dave's shop is separate from the warehouse.
And i heard the back structure to the warehouse had most of the fire.

There sure seems to be an awful lot of fires taking-out businesses these days. :coffee::unsure:

Soldano has been marketing his amps as bomb proof since the amplifier line has began. IMHO now is the time to put that to the test 😂

That's what happens when you leave the soldering iron on !

All kidding a side, I'm glad everyone is ok and wish them a fast recovery ... crazy times

It wouldn’t have been at BAD. It’ll be at Tone Merchants about 30 mins away.
Ah, gotcha. Ok, that's good to know. Though I'm in no hurry for it and I presume now it will be further delayed, and I'm ok with that. Just want him and the others to be able to pivot quickly.

Tone King, Wampler, Bogner, Synergy, Soldano, Friedman, and two or three others I cant recall

If people thought music gear supply chains were sluggish the last year, buckle up.

Back