Best amp at each category

• Thread starter Thread starter Yehuda
  • Start date Start date
I gotta thing for loud white bitches.

Listen, I think the herbert would greatly benefit from a mid shift switch or control that actually shifts the mids from stock form into a little higher mid territory. The mid cut is sweet when it's low and gives a boost. But I'd like to be able to shift the preamp mids up a notch or two with a switch.

If I had that, depending where the shift was, it would be a perfect amp because the power section stays and gets more vicious the louder I turn it up. It gets to unrealistic volumes when I personally feel it sounds best and is opened up.

Channels at least around noon or more. And the master up around 10 and it starts changing right in there. The more master it gets the more ferocious it sounds through the redback/f70 the redbacks like volume too so.

I'm still honey mooning with it I guess.
I love the way it feels. It's not as spongey as a marshall or engl to me but it just feels dense as fuck. Quite addicting. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Herbert rules! I’m going to throw in Herbert into my main tone with my hermie 5g and my hell razor

Idk I'm all over the place with this but I would have a top 3.

Many will disagree but as someone who is not a professional touring/recording musician. I only care how it sounds in my room and I prefer a very saturated amp.

Also I like unique and just brutal high gain stuff so for me.....

Uber Ultra

VHT Pitbull

These are the 2 best, desert island amps for me, nothing I've played comes close.

The 3rd amp I've never got to play and can't really be had but the TAPP Marzain. I almost acquired one when the builder was still willing to work something out but man...in the videos that amp was incredible.

The Uber ultra absolutely hangs with the hell razor for half the price. It’s a clinical tight metal amp. I say that as someone who loves their hell razor.
I can't really comment as I've never actually played a Wizard but I must say from the videos I've seen (in the room) while the UU being my favorite amp to date......I would take a Hell Razor any day of the week over it but damn that price tag.

Last ramble. I know I didn't really stay exactly on topic but for the category of sitting in the band mix. The JP2C hands down takes the cake for what I've played. Maybe all mark series are the same in that regard idk.

Back