Best high end strat for the money?

The Parallel Universe series is rockin.

NaSGiY1.jpg

I just got a parallel universe strat jazz deluxe. Swapped in a duncan custom shop alnico V based jb jr. and a set of locking tuners and its damned near perfect, the Texas specials sound spot on to what they are made to do, Great guitar, cant for the life of me understand why they went with traditional split shaft tuners instead of lockers but oh well.... The Parallel universe series is pretty good but slight changes make it great in my experience.

o13Cut5.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a parallel universe strat jazz deluxe. Swapped in a duncan custom shop alnico V based jb jr. and a set of locking tuners and its damned near perfect. Great guitar, cant for the life of me understand why they went with traditional split shaft tuners instead of lockers but oh well.... The Parallel universe series is pretty great in my experience.
Wow that's really attractive. Ive never seen one before. Is that a rosewood fingerboard? What is the neck shape like?

Wow that's really attractive. Ive never seen one before. Is that a rosewood fingerboard? What is the neck shape like?
Mine is I think the more modern fender "c" profile and it has a 9.5" radius. It's very comfortable to play. I really dig the double bound slab body and jazzmaster shape but still nails the strat sounds and now can nail a great humbucker tone too. The locking tuners maintain pitch better than I could get the split shaft tuners too when using the trem. One could say I didn't spend enough time getting the strings stretched and stable to begin with but either way the locking tuner upgrade was a must in my view.

Last edited:
Best strat I ever played was a Warmouth parts caster that was hand-oiled with a 10"-12" compound radius and Antiquity Texas hots. I could not stop playing that guitar.

Early 90’s custom shop strat ultras. Set neck. Amazing compared to today’s custom shop and like half the price
That's another guitar I hadn't thought about in years, I remember when our store started getting these. Nice guitars.

Back