Best of All Worlds Tour announced by Sammy Hagar

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
Hell yeah I'm going.

I think they should leave the DLR VH alone, but I don't care either. Bonham on drums, Satch in a band (kinda got bored with Satch solo), Michael banging out backgrounds... what's not to like. That's an all star lineup even if Sammy's drunk!

Rather see him in Scottsdale AZ to auction his LaFerrari.

It’s Chickenfoot with a different drummer. I will say they did a slammin’ version of Highway Star but Sammy in general doesn’t do anything for me. IMO, He just has a voice that is incredibly adequate. Plus he writes lyrics as interesting as listening to him sing them. Have no ill feeling towards him as a person and happy for his success. Just not a musical fan.

Last edited:
I like Sammy Hagar but he is a hard rock Jimmy Buffet. His songs are all "Hey there man, how about we grab a few clams and down some Pina Coladas". Sometime while he was in Van Halen, he swapped his guitar and rocker shirt for a shot glass and aloha shirt.

I like Sammy Hagar but he is a hard rock Jimmy Buffet. His songs are all "Hey there man, how about we grab a few clams and down some Pina Coladas". Sometime while he was in Van Halen, he swapped his guitar and rocker shirt for a shot glass and aloha shirt.
You nailed it. Hard rock jimmy buffet is the perfect term for him. I liked him when I was in high school in the 80's. Now I can't listen to him at all. Seems like a sincerely nice dude. But his music just isn't for me these days.
Van Halen is one of my favorite bands, but the Sammy era was a different beast. Still great but doesn't belong in the same room as DLR era.

Just found a Howard Stern show thing with the band playing. I love Satch but this proves that certain guitsr players have a bounce that is hard to replicate.

Yeah, he's free to do anything from 5150 on....Balance was the last one with him? But I agree, he should stay away from Roth era stuff. He didn't write any of it.
Be cool to see him though...with the rest of the band of course.
I hate when people do their jobs for money.

It would be a little cheesy to play Roth era songs, but whatevs
Back in the day Sammy did six DLR era songs during his time in the band . Mike did Somebody Get Me a Doctor with Sam on background vocals. I think whatever DLR era songs they play that weren’t played during the original Sam era Mike will most likely be on lead vocals

If tickets aren't stupid expensive, I'll consider going.

Back in the day Sammy did six DLR era songs during his time in the band . Mike did Somebody Get Me a Doctor with Sam on background vocals. I think whatever DLR era songs they play that weren’t played during the original Sam era Mike will most likely be on lead vocals
I’d be down for that

It’s Chickenfoot with a different drummer. I will say they did a slammin’ version of Highway Star but Sammy in general doesn’t do anything for me. IMO, He just has a voice that is incredibly adequate. Plus he writes lyrics as interesting as listening to him sing them. Have no ill feeling towards him as a person and happy for his success. Just not a musical fan.
Or The Circle with a different guitarist

Dude, the world is literally 5 billion years old and we all somehow got to live at the same time as Van Halen.

These are literally some of the best songs that have ever been written. None of them have really been properly played live in the past 20 years. Sammy still sounds great. Satch knows what he's doing.

Go to the show. Get drunk, let loose and enjoy some of the best music that's ever been played. You'll regret it if you don't.

I guess the rumors are true. Doubt I will go. Going out with Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony and Jason Bonham.

https://www.vhnd.com/2023/11/14/sammy-hagar-announces-best-of-all-worlds-tour-with-joe-satriani/

He is saying the music will span his entire career including Montross and Solo Red Rocker in addition to Van Halen, Chickenfoot and other projects. I also read that they plan to do Running with the Devil and Panama - which seems odd to me. What you think?
They did Panama and RWTD when San was in Van Halen

Back