Best speaker(s) to pair with a Vintage 30

• Thread starter Thread starter D-Rock
  • Start date Start date
D-Rock
D-Rock
I plan on ordering an Avatar Contemporary 2x12 once I decide on the speakers.

One will be either a Vintage 30 or a Hellatone 60, but I'm stuck on the second speaker.

The cab will be used mainly for high gain modern and classic metal, with a minimum wattage capability of 100 watts. Not really wanting to go below the 60 watt V30 so anything rated higher would be great.

What do you guys like and recommend?
G12T-75 ?
CL-80 ?
K-100 ?
or maybe one V30 and one Hellatone 60?

why v30 and hellatone ? a hellatone is a v30 broken in...
Mixing speakers isn't bullshit... I seriously wonder how you come to that opinion. Out of those speakers I would mix the hellatone/v30 with a K100.

I know you don't want to go less than 60 watts, but the V30 + G12H30 combo is really an awesome speaker combination. The V30 + G12T75 isn't a bad combo, either

cause ive been playn for 30 years and alot of the myths on the internut in the last 10 years are also bullshit

liamlw":3ehydnvq said:
Mixing speakers isn't bullshit... I seriously wonder how you come to that opinion. Out of those speakers I would mix the hellatone/v30 with a K100.

oh so you can turn the k100 into a 60 watt speaker and make everything smear in the mix

liamlw":rizbdd7a said:

liamlw":1qvfni9h said:
I'm aware of the Hellatone 60, I'm used to V30's because of my Mesa 4x12 and my line of thinking is that maybe pairing the H60 with V30 will help warm the mids up a bit.
I'm a little leary regarding the K-100 because I have 100 watt Rockdrivers in my H&K cab and they sound really hollow and dark. I listened to a few comparison clips with the K-100 and I can hear the same thing with them as well. Maybe I'm wrong though cause I've never played or heard them in person.

Shawn":1p4rfc72 said:
cause ive been playn for 30 years and alot of the myths on the internut in the last 10 years are also bullshit

liamlw":1p4rfc72 said:

Lol. Tell that to people like Framus, Marshall, Matchless, Bogner to name a few.

troublehead":tan554ya said:
Shawn":tan554ya said:

liamlw":tan554ya said:

Lol. Tell that to people like Framus, Marshall, Matchless, Bogner to name a few.
I notice the Splawn 2x12 in your sig. Being that the cab is only 60 watts, do you only run amps under 60 watts with it?
The GH30 and V30 is a tempting combo to me as well.

Shawn":ig200j8q said:
good, you've been playing for 30 years... what's bullshit about mixing speakers.

D-Rock":cfnp6c82 said:
troublehead":cfnp6c82 said:
Shawn":cfnp6c82 said:

liamlw":cfnp6c82 said:

I notice the Splawn 2x12 in your sig. Being that the cab is only 60 watts, do you only run amps under 60 watts with it?
The GH30 and V30 is a tempting combo to me as well.

IMHO, the G12H30 and V30 is the best sounding speaker set ever. Perfect for everything. However, you are limited to 60 watts or less. One option would be to check out the WGS 50 watt Reaper. I have one of those in a 1x12 cab and its great. Not quite as bright as the G12H30.

Hey when you mix 2 greenbacks with 2 100 watt celestions you end up with 4 / 25 watt speakers so why not just use 4 greenbacks or 4 100 celestions smart guy? :aww:

Shawn":3kku6x4e said:
Hey when you mix 2 greenbacks with 2 100 watt celestions you end up with 4 / 25 watt speakers so why not just use 4 greenbacks or 4 100 celestions smart guy? :aww:
My guess would be because different speakers are voiced differently resulting in varied tonal options. The resulting wattage is not the only reason for mixing speakers.
Please attempt to bring productive thoughts and suggestions to the table. Nobody likes a pissing contest. Any knowledge and experience you may have just gets ignored when it's presented in a negative manner. Thanks,

hey thats the facts if you dont believe it go climb up your moma`s skirt. you guys are punks. The problem with most of you guys is you have no attitude. Pitiful :lol: :LOL:

quote="Shawn"]Hey when you mix 2 greenbacks with 2 100 watt celestions you end up with 4 / 25 watt speakers so why not just use 4 greenbacks or 4 100 celestions smart guy? :aww:[/quote]

also this is a 10 year old debate on the internut. your late to the party. i know that my greenback 4/12 and my v30 4/12 sound awesome side by side vs, putting 2 v30 and 2 greenbacks in one 4/12. BUT before you reply / you do anything you want to do just dont ask for advise that you dont want to hear. :cry:

D-Rock":31krs18c said:
Shawn":31krs18c said:
My guess would be because different speakers are voiced differently resulting in varied tonal options. The resulting wattage is not the only reason for mixing speakers.
Please attempt to bring productive thoughts and suggestions to the table. Nobody likes a pissing contest. Any knowledge and experience you may have just gets ignored when it's presented in a negative manner. Thanks,

Wow. Thanks for the kind words Shawn, but I'm through taking advice from hostile, crusty old men.

Good maybe you will forget all this and go learn how to play the guitar. PS you dont even need an amp to do that. Oh as far as being crusty i could probably still steal your girlfriend. :lol: :LOL: T ake care.

Back