Brad Gillis with ozzy

• Thread starter Thread starter Techdeth
  • Start date Start date
once he hit the still got the blues phase i was much less interested in his music. but the corridors/victims era = prime gary

I can honestly say I like pretty much everything he’s done throughout his career but he’s my favorite player I’m a fan boy lol

to have had tickets to his last show and missing it takes the Randy regret cake. my brother had tickets to Woodstock and the roads in were so jammed he never made it.

i wondered if Gillis tone with Ozzy had any influence on Metallica going Mesa. the timing would be about right. i distinctly remember the guitar tech for Brad hitting a few chords during the final sound check before the show i went to and hearing it cranked in the arena without the band, it was the most outrageous rock guitar tone i’d ever heard and the reason you lived for live shows back then. lynch/ulak tour was the other biggie for tone.

maybe Carl’s point about these guys running in stereo contributed to the wow factor?
Yep, actually what happened is sad as well. My friends and I were all seniors in High School, around a month away from graduation but a couple weeks earlier one of our classmates and a friend, was killed drinking and driving. Friends I was going with, the parents got cold feet after what happened as we had a two hour drive to Knoxville, wouldn't get back to the early morning hours and of course they knew we were gonna have a good time. In general all of our parents pretty much let us do what we wanted but they all went in shutdown mode for a bit...kinda their last big say before we all graduated. And being a parent myself I can understand. But that's the reason I missed the show.

Back