Bud Light?

• Thread starter Thread starter CRAIG4FSU
  • Start date Start date
Freedom isn't free. It costs $19.99, plus shipping and handling.
That’s around $30. You can feed an entire Maggat Village for six months with that.

1689599757156.gif

You don’t think there’s an Anheuser Busch sub in “northern Illinois”?

He was asked on Twitter about it, and boy, did he backpedal and pivot and spin. Probably the reason for the new “partners” all of a sudden and so conveniently.
Interesting. I do not have a Twitter account. If you find some proof though please post as I like to remain as factual and up to date as I can. I just took 3 minutes the other day to scan through 20 or 30 hits on Google using some of those terms and what I pasted was the closest reference. I have no idea how much it costs to ship the product, but folks don't usually calculate that in when making comparisons. Honestly, I don't care, because I don't drink Bud Light and don't care for AB-InBev all that much. I also don't really care if they support Trans people or not. :dunno:

Interesting. I do not have a Twitter account. If you find some proof though please post as I like to remain as factual and up to date as I can. I just took 3 minutes the other day to scan through 20 or 30 hits on Google using some of those terms and what I pasted was the closest reference. I have no idea how much it costs to ship the product, but folks don't usually calculate that in when making comparisons. Honestly, I don't care, because I don't drink Bud Light and don't care for AB-InBev all that much. I also don't really care if they support Trans people or not. :dunno:
Is that the old "it doesn't affect ME so I don't care" ? If so, that's a disappointment.

^ Who is they?

In the grand scheme of things it is pretty far down the list of things for me to worry about. That's all.
I understand, however, all major things start off small down the list and if left unattended grow beyond control...........as we've seen.

Indifference is as bad as condoning. Values are not a 'now and then'.........they should be a constant regardless of where they sit on anyone's list.

I understand, however, all major things start off small down the list and if left unattended grow beyond control...........as we've seen.

Indifference is as bad as condoning. Values are not a 'now and then'.........they should be a constant regardless of where they sit on anyone's list.
I agree with every word you typed here. I said the Bud Light fiasco is pretty far down the list of things for me to worry about. But if people want to change their gender, that is their business. Not mine. I've spoken about this a fair bit here in OTC so I won't be called indifferent or having a lack of values. How I raise(d) my kids and speak to my friends in real life IS my business.

BTW - I am of the belief that most human beings are not fully developed until the age 25 or so. Therefore, talking to kids about how it is ok to change your gender because a thought popped into their head is dangerous. I think there should be generally followed guidelines that doctors cannot perform surgery or prescribe meds for these changes unless their patient is at least 18. And that is 7 years younger than the generally accepted age of full cognitive maturity. But again, if one is Trans then I accept that and will base my decision on the character of the person and not their genitalia.

If you want me to pick up a sign that says "Trans is Bad" and march in a parade - you've got the wrong guy.

Last edited:
I agree with every word you typed here. I said the Bud Light fiasco is pretty far down the list of things for me to worry about. But if people want to change their gender, that is their business. Not mine. I've spoken about this a fair bit here in OTC so I won't be called indifferent or having a lack of values. How I raise(d) my kids and speak to my friends in real life IS my business.

BTW - I am of the belief that most human beings are not fully developed until the age 25 or so. Therefore, talking to kids about how it is ok to change your gender because a thought popped into their head is dangerous. I think there should be generally followed guidelines that doctors cannot perform surgery or prescribe meds for these changes unless their patient is at least 18. And that is 7 years younger than the generally accepted age of full cognitive maturity. But again, if one is Trans then I accept that and will base my decision on the character of the person and not their genitalia.

If you want me to pick up a sign that says "Trans is Bad" and march in a parade - you've got the wrong guy.
You have your way and I have mine.

I 100% negatively judge the character of a person who changes their genitalia.............it's speaks volumes about them and shows me the truth. Only a mentally unstable person would 'try' and change their gender. I would not accept a mentally unstable person as they need help which I couldn't effectively give them. I wouldn't want my kids around them and I don't want to either................safer that way and that's their problem.

Celebrity and the normalisation of mental instability is a real cancer in our society today...........

You have your way and I have mine.

I 100% negatively judge the character of a person who changes their genitalia.............it's speaks volumes about them and shows me the truth. Only a mentally unstable person would 'try' and change their gender. I would not accept a mentally unstable person as they need help which I couldn't effectively give them. I wouldn't want my kids around them and I don't want to either................safer that way and that's their problem.

Celebrity and the normalisation of mental instability is a real cancer in our society today...........
I would reply to that to say if one is under 18 (as in my example), their brain is not fully developed yet. The normalization is a problem for me because kids are being taught that it is OK to swap genders at ages where they cannot fully grasp the concept nor the consequences. So in those cases, I wouldn't call that kid mentally unstable. Just not fully mature.

PS: One of my son's has a beautiful fiancé. She will make a great wife/mother/etc. Her sister recently decided to become a male gender. It was extremely tough on their family but they accept the situation and love their kin regardless. Time will tell if it was the right decision for this particular person because they are not quite 20 years old yet.

I would reply to that to say if one is under 18 (as in my example), their brain is not fully developed yet. The normalization is a problem for me because kids are being taught that it is OK to swap genders at ages where they cannot fully grasp the concept nor the consequences. So in those cases, I wouldn't call that kid mentally unstable. Just not fully mature.

PS: One of my son's has a beautiful fiancé. She will make a great wife/mother/etc. Her sister recently decided to become a male gender. It was extremely tough on their family but they accept the situation and love their kin regardless. Time will tell if it was the right decision for this particular person because they are not quite 20 years old yet.
Whilst the above makes for some good sense I still see kids under 20 as not so ignorant and under developed.

Why? Because if they're that susceptible to such a mammoth undertaking they'll be gullible one way or the other for life.

There was a UK series years ago called Seven Up, they tracked 14 children from 7 up until 40 or so and it proved, the kid at 7 is the adult they will be for life. A very thought provoking show and one that EVERY potential parent and a parent with a new born should be made to watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_(film_series)

Back