Built an amp for myself...Twin reverb inspired... with clips!

• Thread starter Thread starter Fusionbear
  • Start date Start date
Fusionbear
Fusionbear
Had a lot of extra parts, so I bought a few more to complete this clean amp...

20240924_214606~2.jpg

20240925_091846.jpg

20240925_093628~2.jpg

NIce! Twin Reverbs is what I got. Tell me more, is it just one channel cloned off a twin or something?

NIce! Twin Reverbs is what I got. Tell me more, is it just one channel cloned off a twin or something?

It's the vibrato channel minus the reverb and vibrato. I kept the third triode and added a master volume. I also made sure I kept all the load resistors and adjusted the B+ so that all the voltages match the published values. The amp sounds and feels awesome...

I'm running it into a Avatar 1x12 loaded with a Jensen alnico Blackbird.

20240925_094046~2.jpg

Cool amp and clean work! When I first read 'Twin Reverb' I thought dang people can't give them away anymore meanwhile Princeton Reverbs are ridiculous prices and they're 1/4 of the amp a TR is. But that amp is definitely different enough to be a whole nuther aminal. And not 80 friggin pounds!

I thought dang people can't give them away anymore meanwhile Princeton Reverbs are ridiculous prices and they're 1/4 of the amp a TR is.
This is the truth but I need it to stay a secret for maybe five or ten more years. TBH I can't believe anyone would buy a RI when the vintage SF can be had for less money including the tech fee to have it gone through. 2k for an RI Twin now :LOL:

Dude that is awesome work! You definitely know your way around an amp…👍
Twin with good speakers works great for guitar, keys, and pedal steel. The dudes over at steel guitar forum would be loving fusionbears more portable, slimmed down version. Not many players seem to use the normal channel on BF amps so his build makes a lot of sense.

Not many players seem to use the normal channel on BF amps so his build makes a lot of sense.
When I built my Super Reverb 'clone' I joined the two channels at the Reverb input and used bias wiggle tremolo instead optoisolator tremolo. So both channels had Trem/Reverb and then I could voice the channels differently, one for clean and one for cranked. But that was a 'clone' type. And I never use that damn tremolo and could be fine without Reverb as long as I have a delay. :ROFLMAO: I like Fusionbear's meat and potatoes approach on this one, everything you need and nothing you don't.

When I built my Super Reverb 'clone' I joined the two channels at the Reverb input and used bias wiggle tremolo instead optoisolator tremolo. So both channels had Trem/Reverb and then I could voice the channels differently, one for clean and one for cranked. But that was a 'clone' type. And I never use that damn tremolo and could be fine without Reverb as long as I have a delay. :ROFLMAO: I like Fusionbear's meat and potatoes approach on this one, everything you need and nothing you don't.

Same, i would buy a simple handwired head like this all day every day as long as it had 8 and 16 ohm outputs instead of the godawful stock fender ones

Back