Bob Savage
:D

Savage-Kemper-Head-1.jpg

Savage-Kemper-Head-2.jpg

Savage-Kemper-Head-3.jpg

Savage-Kemper-Head-4.jpg

Nice box :yes:

How do you fasten your miters? I use the Festool Domino

That looks great. I was lamenting that most amps come with a tolex covering. I'm sure it's more road worthy, but I think a Diezel or Rhodes would look great like this.

Nice work.

HRC51":j4v3q6bd said:
That looks great. I was lamenting that most amps come with a tolex covering. I'm sure it's more road worthy, but I think a Diezel or Rhodes would look great like this.

Nice work.

Yeah, I seem to have an inherent problem with my products in that a lot of people don't want to actually USE them because they're afraid they'll get beat up. This is true of my pedalboards, head shells, heck I just sold a batch of exotic wood cutting boards and while they sold quickly, heard the same thing from multiple buyers.

My opinion is use them. I mean, people pay extra for manufacturers to relic gear, right? Just beat the life out of it and don't sweat it. That's what I'm going to do.

I have been thinking of doing this for my Mesa Mk III but spec it an inch or 2 higher for the reverb tank. When I set my Mk III on a 1x12 cabinet with a handle the reverb tank hits so I have 2) 3/4 x 3 inch maple boards sprayed black to set on so my amp isn't resting on an angle.

Or I take the handle off the cab :doh:

My idea is 45 the corners like yours and then from the side do 3 domino joints then sand and finish. I think it will have a cool look and take the weight of the Mk III.

jlbaxe":2hpsqhw1 said:
I have been thinking of doing this for my Mesa Mk III but spec it an inch or 2 higher for the reverb tank. When I set my Mk III on a 1x12 cabinet with a handle the reverb tank hits so I have 2) 3/4 x 3 inch maple boards sprayed black to set on so my amp isn't resting on an angle.

My idea is 45 the corners like yours and then from the side do 3 domino joints then sand and finish. I think it will have a cool look and take the weight of the Mk III.

Sounds like a good plan to me! Miters, even though considered an end grain joint, are pretty darned strong. The domino of course adds an extra measure of confidence.

Bob Savage":171cxpkt said:
jlbaxe":171cxpkt said:

Sounds like a good plan to me! Miters, even though considered an end grain joint, are pretty darned strong. The domino of course adds an extra measure of confidence.
I have been using Tite Bond III glue and sometimes the clear gorilla glue. I moisten the ends that I am glueing and get really strong joints. Sometimes on a job I find I use my tongue if I can't get a damp rag :lol: :LOL:

Looks great Bob!
Do u leave the space on top for heat dissipation or purely for size closer to traditional heads?

Oh... And I'm gonna relic the heck out of my Savage cutting board!

Love It, reminds me of the futuristic radios from the 50's or 60's. I bet you will sell a bunch of these.

Enjolras56":9uiv32pb said:
Looks great Bob!
Do u leave the space on top for heat dissipation or purely for size closer to traditional heads?

Oh... And I'm gonna relic the heck out of my Savage cutting board!

I left it for two reasons. First but not necessarily foremost is that I like the look because it helps give what looks mostly like a networking or computing device the feel of being an amp. The second was that if I wanted to slap something like a power conditioner in there I could. I doubt I'll do it and if I did I'd probably face it to the back, but the space is there just in case.

joepete77":1bhfkf3x said:
Love It, reminds me of the futuristic radios from the 50's or 60's. I bet you will sell a bunch of these.

I actually made this only because I wanted one, but I am definitely thinking that I might offer shells for the Kemper, Axe-Fx, Line 6 and Eleven-Rack. Historically, hardwood shells don't sell a bunch, but perhaps this is unique enough that some of the modeling dewds might want one.

It would look extra killer if you had a small metal Kemper diamond logo in the center of the front panel- to kind of unify it.

That looks great! I'd love to see the white one in a swamp ash headshell.

Will you do a Vh4 headshell in blue? If yes, how much?

Would look much better in black but that is a really cool idea, well done!!!

Tone Monster":21ew6kve said:
Will you do a Vh4 headshell in blue? If yes, how much?

I would. ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!! But seriously, I've not done one so I'd need to figure it out since it's a custom job. If you're really interested in one, shoot me an email to bob dawt my last name at gee mail dot com.

Invidious":21ew6kve said:
Would look much better in black but that is a really cool idea, well done!!!

I agree complete and struggled with the color because I DIDN'T want to do black. Nonetheless, the bland coloration of the Kemper really does beg for it.

Back