Eminence P50e vs Fane F70 demo

• Thread starter Thread starter Redneckstomp
  • Start date Start date
Fane is in the face. I have played fanes and they sound great. But i prefer redbacks. However, if you don't compare them with Redbacks, you won't miss it.

I have a modern Sound City (Fryette made) 4x12 with the Fane "Sound City Power" speakers and it blows my P50E Fat Bottom 2x12 cab away

Not fair comparing a 2x12 to a 4x12 in general but they sound night and day different

P50es are horrific (as are every other eminence speaker I've tried) in my opinion. Sounds like a cardboard box. The fat bottom cab went from one of my least favorite cabs with p50es to one of my favorite cabs with F70s.

P50es are horrific (as are every other eminence speaker I've tried) in my opinion. Sounds like a cardboard box. The fat bottom cab went from one of my least favorite cabs with p50es to one of my favorite cabs with F70s.

Same, I fucking hate every eminence speaker I've ever tried. Just not my thing, at all.

The f70s are great speakers; p50es are comparable to 70/80s

I agree about Eminence speakers.

Even the better ones that sound decent in the room mic up horribly. By trying to "fix" the harshness on their Celestion-inspired models, they almost always end up sounding so dark and distant under a mic. Like they were mic'd up across a wall. And many, if not all of them, have got the weird hollow midrange going on.

I agree about Eminence speakers.

Even the better ones that sound decent in the room mic up horribly. By trying to "fix" the harshness on their Celestion-inspired models, they almost always end up sounding so dark and distant under a mic. Like they were mic'd up across a wall. And many, if not all of them, have got the weird hollow midrange going on.

The video redneck posted is honestly a good example of how awful eminence speakers sound under high gain, miced up

It absolutely boggles my mind that celestion, as a company, is so hard for companies like Fryette and Soldano to deal with that they went with shit ass eminence speakers that make their (great) amps sound worse.

I am open to be proved wrong if there are any eminence speaker enjoyers out there who have found some way to make them sound good miced up, but I have spent more time dickering with mics and mic positions than 99.999% of human beings and I simply have never been able to get results any better than the youtube video posted in the OP.

Fane is in the face. I have played fanes and they sound great. But i prefer redbacks. However, if you don't compare them with Redbacks, you won't miss it.

Chocolate and Strawberry; two different flavors, more of a personal preference thing

Also depends on the amp youre using them with

Redbacks have monster low end, fanes have brilliant, detailed high mids

Just depends on what you're looking for

Chocolate and Strawberry; two different flavors, more of a personal preference thing

Also depends on the amp youre using them with

Redbacks have monster low end, fanes have brilliant, detailed high mids

Just depends on what you're looking for
They both sound so great. I agree. It is totally amp dependent.

The video redneck posted is honestly a good example of how awful eminence speakers sound under high gain, miced up

It absolutely boggles my mind that celestion, as a company, is so hard for companies like Fryette and Soldano to deal with that they went with shit ass eminence speakers that make their (great) amps sound worse.

I am open to be proved wrong if there are any eminence speaker enjoyers out there who have found some way to make them sound good miced up, but I have spent more time dickering with mics and mic positions than 99.999% of human beings and I simply have never been able to get results any better than the youtube video posted in the OP.
I 100% agree. Even the DV-77's that everyone raves about has the blanket thing going on in the highs and has a hint of the phasey mids Eminences normally have.

I honestly cannot explain how they got anything usable out of those P50E's on The End of Heartache, though. I know they're blended with V30's, but still.

Love redbacks!

I've done similar videos for a few other Eminence speakers. The Governor and DV-77. What they all had in common was they were noticeably pulled back in the 5 to 6 kHz range. Even more so than my year 2000 Vintage 30 which has less 5 to 6 kHz than most V30s.
Seems to be the Eminence signature. Some dig it, some don't

I just want to say @braintheory Any time that we get gear compared to cardboard, we all win

I've had both, much prefer the Fanes. The only Eminence speakers I've owned that I really liked were the Wizards, but they're so efficient it's hard to get a manageable volume with them.

I remembered the P50's to have a scooped, spitty character.

They are the on the intro and backing rhythm on here..

Haha true !! I now playing thru a scumback greenback mod speakers ....

I also realised the P50es are build for a higher spiker treble, when played connecting thru other speakers it tends to be too bright and trebly...

Back