Ernie Ball / Music Man guitars are overpriced ...

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date

Ernie Bal / Music Man guitars are overpriced.

• Yay

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
All about that bass...

20240619_133510.jpg

For me, used is where it's at. Scored a JPX off GC used section for way under $2k and it was basically flawless. Smoking guitar.

I'm a huge fan of Ernie Balls. 2 Luke's and a Jason Richardson. And 3 Les Paul's is what I have settled on. They are expensive but so is every other high end brand for that matter.

I have a Luke IV, Majesty and a Saber. Pry them from my dead hands.

If they were priced too high, they wouldnt sell.

Love my Silouette Special in HSS. Bought it Oct '20 used for $925 before pricing got stupid.

Absolutely.

More cork sniffing guitar prices.
They are 100% overpriced just like those artiside bullshits that look like they all want to be the same hood of a ferarri look.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great guitars, really nice playing and sounding. Amazing wood stocks!

Everything is overpriced these days.

I think the Majesty guitars are absolutely atrocious. I appreciate the innovation, but it just looks hideous. Kinda like the PIA models with Vai.... Pass..... The MM JP and the old Ibanez models were way cooler than the Majesty.

They are overpriced mostly because they don't have a 1k "sweet spot" range of models

It's crappy sterlings then boom 2k standards with nothing in between

If the standard sabres and cutlasses were the same quality but 500$ less I'd probably buy one new.
Yeah, and the QC on the Indonesian Sterlings is hideous.

It is. Especially the fretwork stuff - most of the ones I've picked up in shops have been almost unplayable

I'm sure there are good ones out there, just like with anything else

But EBMM is one of the brands with the biggest QC gaps between their import and standard lines

I think the Majesty guitars are absolutely atrocious. I appreciate the innovation, but it just looks hideous. Kinda like the PIA models with Vai.... Pass..... The MM JP and the old Ibanez models were way cooler than the Majesty.
I think the Majesty is hideous, yet sexy in some finishes. I tried a Sterling with the Pacific Blue Quilt and Dimarzios. Ebony fretboard, and SS frets.. It was a gorgeous guitar. HOWEVER, it had so many QC issues I returned it, and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It was absolutely awful.

100% truth! The indo Sterlings are awful. I've repaired a pile of them for customers. The last one was a Sterling St. Vincent with 12 of the frets that needed to be re-glued. Ridiculous.

The regular EBMM stuff though, awesome quality and great fretwork. Very rarely am I seeing issues with those. Always the Sterling stuff.

not my thing but killer guitars. I wish I would have bought a couple of the usa sub models when musicians friend was blowing them out years ago.....anybody remember that? $399 or something....

Back