Ernie Ball / Music Man guitars are overpriced ...

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date

Ernie Bal / Music Man guitars are overpriced.

• Yay

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
Fantastic guitars. They use unique tonewoods and construction. Fit and finish is always spot on. Never played a turd. I currently own 3 JP6’s. Very consistent from one neck to the next. Not always a fan of the stock pickups. I have Suhr Aldrich in one. Tone nerd in another. I also block the trems for dive only. I bend alot when I play. Floating trems do not do well with that…lol. All in all great guitars.

Awesome guitars. Have had a few. Never really vibed with any of them though. But like what descent gear isn’t overpriced these days. Like you know 20K for a Gibson Adam Jones custom just because it has a silver burst paint job

Love to try the Petrucci 8 string

Think a lot forget where EB's are made at. California's crazy taxes and living costs= higher prices. How much is a Suhr guitar now? Anderson guitars? Mesa Boogie? EB has to pay their employees a living wage.
Yup.

SLO EBMM prices overpriced??? Look at PRS "core" models, or whatever pretentious nomenclature PRS assigns to such guitars. Or Gibson Custom Shop or Fender Custom Shop.

I don't know about other states' tax laws, but I'm fairly sure Maryland has more amenable business tax laws/rates compared to CA.

Their quality has seemed to slip over the years. I think it's because they over engineer the electronics.
The customer service can be hit or miss... usually need to find a good dealer to get any issues fixed.

Prices on everything are out of control

Last edited:
EBMM guitars (Kaizen and Majesty) are my favorite. Worth the price IMO. I have four Kaizen 6, one Majesty 6, and plan to get more...next is likely a new Majesty 6

EBMM guitars (Kaizen and Majesty) are my favorite. Worth the price IMO. I have four Kaizen 6, one Majesty 6, and plan to get more...next is likely a new Majesty 6

I would love to try the Kaizen! I have four Jp15s (3 limited run 6s and 1-7str) and love them all!

Reactions: rsm

Back