EVH 5150 Iconic EL34 NEW

Lightning

Just seen this EVH 5150 Iconic EL34 NEW looks bad ass…..

Attachments

• IMG_5151.jpeg
    IMG_5151.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 86
James brown said it’s been tweaked in the preamp to sound slightly more vintage as well. So it’s not just a power tube bias circuit and heater supply change.

I’m hoping it’s not an amp that can only do brown sound Van Halen and stays a metal amp.

James brown said it’s been tweaked in the preamp to sound slightly more vintage as well. So it’s not just a power tube bias circuit and heater supply change.

I’m hoping it’s not an amp that can only do brown sound Van Halen and stays a metal amp.
Source?

I agree. It just blows my mind that these weren’t a huge success. I play mine right next to all the big boys and it easily stands toe to toe
+1, my Iconic 40 is my most used amp. My 101b, Savage and Sabot are great but the Iconic just sounds great anywhere you put the dials. Cleans even give my Deluxe Reverb a run for their money.

A lot of the original clips were forced to be done with the matching cab which is a complete failure. The amp really never recovered from the bad reviews once they were paired with proper speakers and cabinets.

This. Everyones first impression was of the clips with the complete garbage matching cabinets that had garbage speakers in them.

Apparently they sound great with big kid speakers - I've not played one, but I've heard clips and they sound very much like the standard 5150 series from what I can tell, with a better clean channel

It's kind of mind blowing, if their cheap asses loaded the cabs with Chinese v30s or one of the various v30s copies, or literally ANY decent speaker, I think the iconic would have flown off the shelves

It's actually kind of mind blowing how stupid big corporations can be

Back