EVH Iconic release?

• Thread starter Thread starter ElectricVoodoo
  • Start date Start date
There are plenty of truckers. There are 2 major issues.

Not enough cranes working and strict CA trucking laws.

No trucks older than 2012 can be used and the limit on hours a trucker can work.

Truckers can only work 11 hour shifts, so if they wait at the docks for 5 hours to get loaded..........
The issue of not enough cranes working is directly related to the lack of space in the yard. It is not a man power issue. For example, under normal circumstances we (The ILWU) would generally start a ship off by working up to 8 cranes on the larger ships and immediately start discharging and decking the inbound cargo in the yard. Currently, due to how packed full of cargo the yard is, we are only able to work 1-2 cranes and we have to discharge and load back at the same time to free up space for more containers in the yard. This is not efficient at all. There needs to be a serious upgrade to the rail infrastructure in the coming years to alleviate this pressure. Basically, imagine trying to park five cars in a two car garage. That's what is going on.

The issue of not enough cranes working is directly related to the lack of space in the yard. It is not a man power issue. For example, under normal circumstances we (The ILWU) would generally start a ship off by working up to 8 cranes on the larger ships and immediately start discharging and decking the inbound cargo in the yard. Currently, due to how packed full of cargo the yard is, we are only able to work 1-2 cranes and we have to discharge and load back at the same time to free up space for more containers in the yard. This is not efficient at all. There needs to be a serious upgrade to the rail infrastructure in the coming years to alleviate this pressure. Basically, imagine trying to park five cars in a two car garage. That's what is going on.
I feel as though the powers at be can do something about the crane issues, if they wanted to.

I am sure there is a solution, but a lack of wanting to.

I feel as though the powers at be can do something about the crane issues, if they wanted to.

I am sure there is a solution, but a lack of wanting to.
Curious who you mean when you say “powers at be?” There is no crane issue. Plenty of crane operators, plenty of equipment, just no space. I’m not sure if you’ve been to the ports of los angeles and long beach before. We’re not exactly flush with extra space to deck cargo. The only other option is to go up. Meaning we stack them higher. The issue then becomes all the extra moves that need to be made to get to the container on the bottom. If a truck comes in to pick up his container and there are 5 or 6 others on top of it, the crane operator needs to shuffle the deck. This costs extra time, which leads to delays. The port is not supposed to be a storage facility. We simply do not have the room. We need more efficient rail operations to move mass amounts of containers outside to where there is room to store them. As someone on the front lines, i’m trying to give you guys some insight into what’s really going on. There is no simple solution. Since the start of 2021 I have taken 4 days off. We’re doing our best, unfortunately it’s gonna take some time to get things flowing again.

Curious who you mean when you say “powers at be?” There is no crane issue. Plenty of crane operators, plenty of equipment, just no space. I’m not sure if you’ve been to the ports of los angeles and long beach before. We’re not exactly flush with extra space to deck cargo. The only other option is to go up. Meaning we stack them higher. The issue then becomes all the extra moves that need to be made to get to the container on the bottom. If a truck comes in to pick up his container and there are 5 or 6 others on top of it, the crane operator needs to shuffle the deck. This costs extra time, which leads to delays. The port is not supposed to be a storage facility. We simply do not have the room. We need more efficient rail operations to move mass amounts of containers outside to where there is room to store them. As someone on the front lines, i’m trying to give you guys some insight into what’s really going on. There is no simple solution. Since the start of 2021 I have taken 4 days off. We’re doing our best, unfortunately it’s gonna take some time to get things flowing again.
I understand your frustration and appreciate the info but there is always a solution if "powers at be" wanted to do something about it.

This country put a rover on Mars, we can solve a shipping backlog if "powers at be" wanted to.

I understand your frustration and appreciate the info but there is always a solution if "powers at be" wanted to do something about it.

This country put a rover on Mars, we can solve a shipping backlog if "powers at be" wanted to.
Intermodal transportation development today is often a matter of public-private partnerships, where Government (probably State and Federal when you’re talking about international ports) primarily invests tax dollars to get private businesses to develop and, depending, manage the different modes involved.

So yeah, ultimately these problems are a result of Government shortsightedness, incompetence, corruption, and maybe even deliberately letting the “fruit rot on the vine” to further certain goals we wouldn’t be willing to accept if done openly - and it’s completely “bipartisan.”

Intermodal transportation development today is often a matter of public-private partnerships, where Government (probably State and Federal when you’re talking about international ports) primarily invests tax dollars to get private businesses to develop and, depending, manage the different modes involved.

So yeah, ultimately these problems are a result of Government shortsightedness, incompetence, corruption, and maybe even deliberately letting the “fruit rot on the vine” to further certain goals we wouldn’t be willing to accept if done openly - and it’s completely “bipartisan.”
Well said.

Not to mention, that all but one of the shipping lines and terminals are owned and operated by foreign companies. In a couple cases directly owned by the country of china. Don’t think they give a rats ass about our issues. They make money hand over fist either way. Hopefully the country can stop bickering with itself and come together to solve these issues. But, if you guys are planning on ordering any gear built overseas for christmas, ORDER NOW!

Reactions: Geo
The main advantage to this amp is in its price. $900 for 80W head or $800 for a 40W combo.
The main Disadvantage is also in its price.. $900 for a 80W = most likely Made in China..

More money to the CCP and the China war machine..

Supply chain crisis...this won't see merchants until 2023.

4hoq34.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
The Chinese made amps that I have seen are built like shit with shit components, but who knows until we can get a good look at one.

I wouldn't buy it until I saw the construction and components.

Hmmm. I see plenty of trump MAGA and Ivankas crap fashion merchandise that is made in china for sale here. Trump must have a fast track with the chinese he supposedly hates! Lol!!!!
Americans cannot survive without cheap Chinese goods and China cannot survive without Americans buying those cheap Chinese goods.

Americans cannot survive without cheap Chinese goods and China cannot survive without Americans buying those cheap Chinese goods.
I would say I would like to give it a try, but we get most of our pharmaceuticals from China. Our politicians have screwed us royally.

I would say I would like to give it a try, but we get most of our pharmaceuticals from China. Our politicians have screwed us royally.
Capitalism is a failure again. The rich will get away scott free and the poor will blame the people trying to help them….. derp derp!!!! Go tards of the USA!

Capitalism is a failure again. The rich will get away scott free and the poor will blame the people trying to help them….. derp derp!!!! Go tards of the USA!
Then it's not capitalism, it's cronyism

Kinda both correct, but it really steamed ahead with NAFTA, and clinton. Ross Perot warned what would happen numerous times on that campaign, cuz he knew business...while bubba got hummers in the oval office.
This is the truth . I watch my friends truck driver gets get fucked all the way back then

JC guys..., this is why this board is nearly dead.... like 50% of the threads here turn political. its like some of you just cant help yourselves. its kind of pathetic, like its all you have more than three thoughts in your head about. i couldnt care less about which way you voted. maybe save it for your facebook page?

I cancelled my order a few weeks back. They were pretty slim with the info when they first released the preorder. Once I heard it was a hybrid preamp I lost interest. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but it just doesn't interest me. I have two 50 watt 5150 iii's and a block letter already anyways.

I cancelled my order a few weeks back. They were pretty slim with the info when they first released the preorder. Once I heard it was a hybrid preamp I lost interest. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but it just doesn't interest me. I have two 50 watt 5150 iii's and a block letter already anyways.
Question. Why were you considering it if you had the block letter?

I don't think it's a hybrid amp. A hybrid amp has either the preamp or poweramp section solid state. It just seems to have some solid-state components in it for its tone but the tubes are there. If the goal is a more manageable 5150 but a different circuit in part, are we really going to care if the tone is there? I mean if my Helix can do a 5150 then why can't the Iconic?

Back