Favorite Neck Profile

• Thread starter Thread starter VH1R2
  • Start date Start date
VH1R2
VH1R2
The necks on my Bumblebee and Wolfgang Special are very nice.

Bumblebee neck is my favorite. Even tho they are the same profile the bee just has a slightly nicer feel, the WS has some fret edge roughness on the thumbnail side starting about the 9th fret to the 20th.

What is your favorite neck

Attachments

• 20241008_132732.jpg
    20241008_132732.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 20241002_102634.jpg
    20241002_102634.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Whatever they do on the necks or playability of the Marchione’s. Nothing else I’ve tried yet touches them. It used to be the aged nitro Charvel’s for me, but going to the Marchione’s made them almost hard to play after somehow. Tao is very good too

They’re like talent boosters lol. When one of my friends tried one that was his first observation. He played better than I’d heard him before on it. Into a CCV or Rev 1 Uber it’ll make you feel like you can play better than Guthrie Govan even if you still really can’t lol

I love 335s I would love to have one, a green one
I actually like the ebony fretboard on a 355 best for a little added brightness but nothing wrong with a slick rosewood board especially if you can find a nice dark one. So much rosewood is trash looking stuff these days. Light pinkish looking crap with tons of pores.

I actually like the ebony fretboard on a 355 best for a little added brightness but nothing wrong with a slick rosewood board especially if you can find a nice dark one. So much rosewood is trash looking stuff these days. Light pinkish looking crap with tons of pores.
This is the one I dig so much, 3K is a lot of dough, that kinda puts the brakes on getting one.

Attachments

• 000000120386901-01-600x600.webp
    000000120386901-01-600x600.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 000000120386901-00-600x600.webp
    000000120386901-00-600x600.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 14
This is the one I dig so much, 3K is a lot of dough, that kinda puts the brakes on getting one.
Might wanna have a look at the Seventy Seven Exrubatos. The Tochi looks kinda like that for the same cash. The Jazz model is full hollow with sound post. Also, Edwards E-SA has worked good for me.

1728532783880.png

That's like showing a crackhead crack ! Holychit, that is going to cause me to sell blood for extra cash.
That's the top of the line Japanese build. If you look at some of the more affordable 77's they are JT models, for "Japan Taste". Chinese built but set up in Japan. They stopped the full Japan models for a while but I think they are coming back. The Exrubato Jazz was the full Japanese hollow. They are all part of Deviser brand instruments.

My Edwards E-SA was the superior guitar to the Gibson ES-333 I had so I sold it. I believe it may have some Chinese parts but is Japan assembled and set up. Edwards is worth a look.They aren't laminated they are machine carved solid rock maple with a mahogany block but very similar tone to the Gibsons.

I really want to get my hands on a inspired by Gibson Epi 355 to try. Factory Gibson custom buckers. Truthfully the newer Sheratons look good now that they ditched the canoe paddle headstock but they also lost the five piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck too. If you check out the Epi Quingdao factory tour on youtube you can see the machine that presses the tops. It is the equal to the machine Gibson uses IMO.

As long as it is fairly loud acoustically, plays well, if needed you give it a decent set of pickups and you're right there with Gibson.

Maybe I should show you a Momose next. Now you'll need to sell a kidney too.I I need to go to bed or you'll keep me up all night wit this stuff brother. The ES is my favorite axe. Have a great night my friend.

1728533140099.png

Back