Favorite Neck Profile

• Thread starter Thread starter VH1R2
  • Start date Start date
I really liked the KM7 MKiii artist neck but overall older Charvel. Compound radius is key but the neck shape is just perfect for me.

Other guitars can be pretty comfortable for me like my Horizon or old Caparison but old charvel ftw.

The necks on my Bumblebee and Wolfgang Special are very nice.

Bumblebee neck is my favorite. Even tho they are the same profile the bee just has a slightly nicer feel, the WS has some fret edge roughness on the thumbnail side starting about the 9th fret to the 20th.

What is your favorite neck
1729281341705.jpeg

I love the Suhr Modern Pro neck.

If only my Modern Satin had that super-slick profile. :(

I don’t know that I have a favorite but I don’t like them too thin and wide or with a lot of shoulder. One of the best feeling necks I’ve had is the one on my Peavey LTD HB. 1 5/8” nut, 12” radius, not sure the measurements of the carve but it’s on the small side without feeling too thin.

Another neck I have I like a lot is on a Tele partscaster, it’s a Parklane medium C also with a 1 5/8” nut which feels deeper and rounder than that Peavey one but with the narrow nut it just sits in the palm of my hand so nicely. In comparison I have another medium C Parklane neck with a 42mm nut and it is crazy how different they feel. The 42mm nut width makes the shoulders feel so much bigger and I don’t like it nearly as much.

For a wider nut I much prefer the Gibson neck carves. I have a Les Paul with the 59 carve and an Explorer with whatever they do on those. It’s definitely closer to a 60’s slim but not the same I don’t think.

Back