Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

Bluplirst":3i2f5adl said:
Stonetone® Products":3i2f5adl said:
BigBellyRocker":3i2f5adl said:
Has anyone compare this granite block to a tungsten block? Tungsten is suppose to be one of the densest material on earth and supposedly 4 times denser than titanium. The navy uses this material in their Phalanx guns projectiles to protect the aircraft carriers and ships from cruise missile etc. I'm in the process of buying 3 tungsten blocks until I saw this thread about the the granite block tests.

No matter the mass or density of the metal blocks, the composition of the "man-made" tungsten block doesn't react to pressure and vibration the same way as the stone does. The reaction of the rock blocks under direct pressure and vibration are re-instituting the stored energies in which the granite was created billions a years ago and retains all its natural integrity. Granite is a very stabile material and captures all the dynamics and nuances of the players attack and is also the optimum transducer for any stringed instrument comprised of a bridge system..

I know you think this is a good sales pitch, but most will see it as utter horse shit. I'm glad the stonetone blocks sound good though! Keep up the good work!

Ya I say enough with the creative writing and just stay with the facts. Let people use their ears.

messenger":t70xi5wz said:
Bluplirst":t70xi5wz said:
Stonetone® Products":t70xi5wz said:
BigBellyRocker":t70xi5wz said:
Has anyone compare this granite block to a tungsten block? Tungsten is suppose to be one of the densest material on earth and supposedly 4 times denser than titanium. The navy uses this material in their Phalanx guns projectiles to protect the aircraft carriers and ships from cruise missile etc. I'm in the process of buying 3 tungsten blocks until I saw this thread about the the granite block tests.

No matter the mass or density of the metal blocks, the composition of the "man-made" tungsten block doesn't react to pressure and vibration the same way as the stone does. The reaction of the rock blocks under direct pressure and vibration are re-instituting the stored energies in which the granite was created billions a years ago and retains all its natural integrity. Granite is a very stabile material and captures all the dynamics and nuances of the players attack and is also the optimum transducer for any stringed instrument comprised of a bridge system..

I know you think this is a good sales pitch, but most will see it as utter horse shit. I'm glad the stonetone blocks sound good though! Keep up the good work!

Ya I say enough with the creative writing and just stay with the facts. Let people use their ears.

Not a sales pitch at all yet the majority do see it as utter horse shit... There is just a huge learning curve for the masses to get the gist on why and how this product does what it does or simply just try one then you'll know just as Steve did... The utter horse shit as you put it comes from these 2 gentlemen, Dr. Robert C. Youngquist and Dr. Stanley Starr both Nasa Geo Physicists. During the development of the piano bridges and other components I was working back 2009 is when I asked these 2 men to please give me a general description on how this product works so I could answer those folks who are curious. Thanks for the Kudos ! :thumbsup:

OUR SALES PITCH:

Besides better signal path to your amp by decreasing "signal loss" Our product is natural and not man - made. The rock block improves Sustain, harmonics, beautiful clear full sounding chords, soaring solos, with plenty of punch and clarity, while the low gets tight and articulate, palm mutes, tapping, sweeps, you name it, all sounds so much better besides the increase vibrations on the neck and body that makes your guitar feel alive.

Factual description above that Steve has already verified.
Far from utter horse shit.

I look forward a hearing back that all of you have tried this product because you'll arrive at a new level of tone and playability and certainly be glad you did. :rock:

Floyd Rose is currently @ the Shanghai music trade show booth #ALGAM (E5B12) from Oct. 14th to the 18th or catch us @ the Winter Namm Show either way we'd be glad to have you demo one in person. :2thumbsup:

Dr. Robert C. Youngquist and Dr. Stanley Starr both Nasa Geo Physicists

I now believe in the Stonetone affect. I'd klike to try it one day.
However, I do not believe we went to the moon. I trust sah5150 a whole lot more as a reference :yes:

crankyrayhanky":1m88y2u3 said:
Dr. Robert C. Youngquist and Dr. Stanley Starr both Nasa Geo Physicists

I now believe in the Stonetone affect. I'd klike to try it one day.
However, I do not believe we went to the moon. I trust sah5150 a whole lot more as a reference :yes:

I agree, sounds like something worth trying out… I imagine it's a difference in feel just as much as the tone, it sounds a little more solid, And I'm with you brother, nobody went to the freaking moon in 69… that's almost 50 years ago! Why hasn't John Travolta been there? Or Donald Trump? If they did it 50 years ago, it should be a daily occurrence by now :LOL:

Chris Poland has tried every Floyd Rose tremolo and has went back to the 1984 original Floyd with a 37mm Rock block performing with his band OHM @ the Baked potato Jammin the blues with bassist Rob "Pags" Pagulari & new drummer Nick Menza his old buddy from Megadeth since his original drummer David Eagle for Ohm recently passed. R.I.P.

https://youtu.be/mWRUDawg61Y

The stone block without any doubt gave my one charvel san dimas a much bigger,stronger unplugged tone.
Just strumming chords or playing single note runs the tone has more authority than it did prior to the install.
Plugged in it is most noticeable on a clean channel but even with heavy gain(EVH5153 mini) there is a solid improvement
to my ears as well as increased sustain.
So no hype from this product and i will be getting one for my backup charvel as well. :)

charvelstrat81":3bum4rit said:
The stone block without any doubt gave my one charvel san dimas a much bigger,stronger unplugged tone.
Just strumming chords or playing single note runs the tone has more authority than it did prior to the install.
Plugged in it is most noticeable on a clean channel but even with heavy gain(EVH5153 mini) there is a solid improvement
So no hype from this product and i will be getting one for my backup charvel as well. :)

Excellent ! :thumbsup: FYI - "Holiday Special" starting Black Friday thru Christmas Eve.. All Floyd Rose Stone Tone sustain Blocks on Sale for $ 89.99 !!

Stonetone® Products":3t4pdc69 said:
charvelstrat81":3t4pdc69 said:

Excellent ! :thumbsup: FYI - "Holiday Special" starting Black Friday thru Christmas Eve.. All Floyd Rose Stone Tone sustain Blocks on Sale for $ 89.99 !!

Nice. I may buy one or two.

[No message]

Attachments

• fr sale.jpg
    fr sale.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 4,189
Hey guys check it out :rawk:

The new Floyd Rose Rail Tail is a revolutionary tremolo that replaces your six-point bridge without routing or modifications
(you will need to understand the mechanics of a screwdriver.)
Make sure you drop by our booth #4860 Hall C and check out the Rail Tail in action at NAMM next year!
For more information on the FR Rail Tail, visit http://www.floydrose.com
Rock Block optional.

charvelstrat81":1ymipk8q said:
Not sure if this was already posted but in this vid you can really hear a difference for the better! :thumbsup:

"charvelstrat81" That video and many more like that are on our you-tube page > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnv62J ... ZW6W5bF0OQ yet the guy in the video Marty Rice is making another as he got a 2nd 32mm block for his Jackson. He'll produce a shorter video with not as much shred showing more attributes of what this block does. Namm in 3 weeks in case any of you are going stop by and say hi @ the Floyd Booth #4860 Hall C or the Schecter afterparty @ Garden Walk Saturday Night the 23rd.

Happy New Years !!!! :thumbsup:

Back