FortinFest '09 Clip Compliation

• Thread starter Thread starter lolzgreg
  • Start date Start date
lolzgreg
lolzgreg
Okay fellows, if you can pick out your playing, let me know the time starting and ending, in minutes and seconds, and the name of the clip.

Shure SM57 on the Mills Acoustics Afterburner 412B (V30 mic'd) for the Meathead and Dino.

Shure SM57 on Psychodave's Marshall Cab with G12M-25 Blackbacks (55hz) for the Cali Mod, Hulk Mod, Aldrich Mod and HG Jose Modded Marshalls

Everything is broken up below and labeled.

Fortin Meathead:

Larry Dino:

Fortin Cali Mod:

Fortin Hulk Mod:

Cameron Aldrich Mod:

Cameron HG Jose Mod:

Woaaahhhh that's cool. Now I want them all please :O)

Dino sounds very in yer face, love it! Meathead a bit smoother but also very cool. From these recordings, the Hulk mod really stands out as very tight and mean, think it's hard to play, but with someone who can pull it off, it's amazing :rock: :rock: :rock:

Now we want PICS PLEASE!!!!

You might want to vol match the clips that would be better. They all sounded good.

RACKSYSTEMS":2kqq5r40 said:
You might want to vol match the clips that would be better. They all sounded good.

I did some minimal normalization last night. This whole ordeal didn't take me too long. It's pretty hard to match levels exactly when you have guys tweaking volume knobs while you're compensating with preamp gain :doh:

AWESOME!!

Thanks so much for making all these clips, its great for us guys who couldn't be there at the Ampfest :) :rock:

Thanks guys!!! Psychodave's Marshall Cab with Blackback 30's is the shit! :rock:

lolzgreg":2jqy4fat said:
RACKSYSTEMS":2jqy4fat said:

I did some minimal normalization last night. This whole ordeal didn't take me too long. It's pretty hard to match levels exactly when you have guys tweaking volume knobs while you're compensating with preamp gain :doh:

Haha! Ain't that the truth! Excellent job of capturing some cool clips under difficult circumstances. Nice job. :2thumbsup:

That Hulk Mod sounds....INCREDIBLE!! *PUN INTENDED* :lol: :LOL:

Seriously.....what a great tone. :rock:

psychodave":1qdwp86n said:
Wow, very cool.

FYI, my cab is loaded wth Blackback 30's. :thumbsup:

Your whole rig sounded great ... thanks for bringing it down. Really enjoyed jamming through it. :rock:

Meathead sounds good !! but can we have a raw clip of the bones tone? of its highest gain mode and plexitone mode? :rock:

I'm the hack playing the 3rd Meathead clip :D Think i used the PRS McCarty with Rosewood neck. My 2nd favorite Dokken solo at the 3 minute mark, fudged the end. :lol: :LOL:

Mailman1971":33v2ox19 said:
That Hulk Mod sounds....INCREDIBLE!! *PUN INTENDED* :lol: :LOL:

Seriously.....what a great tone. :rock:

That's Ralph playing the Hulk clip. That Blackback cab just rules on the recording. :rock: You'll notice there's a bit of a Boss Flanger being added, that was me stepping on it. :lol: :LOL:

danyeo":3ds8cx77 said:
I'm the hack playing the 3rd Meathead clip :D Think i used the PRS McCarty with Rosewood neck.

Awesomely Good player you are !! but hell i am hoping the bones would sounded out in the list too... Hulk is "%^@)JJ**!! " aggressive !! Larry amplification is another kinda tone that kills it's the tightness and dryness to it ....very mid digging !

hopkinWFG":g1212udp said:
danyeo":g1212udp said:
I'm the hack playing the 3rd Meathead clip :D Think i used the PRS McCarty with Rosewood neck.

Awesomely Good player you are !! but hell i am hoping the bones would sounded out in the list too... Hulk is "%^@)JJ**!! " aggressive !! Larry amplification is another kinda tone that kills it's the tightness and dryness to it ....very mid digging !

Thanks. I played the Bones and loved it. It sounded similiar to the sound we had dialed in on the Meathead clips it hought. The Hulk was great but i had a hard time playing on it, i didn't get to tweak it at all though just plugged in and started playing. I played the Hulk on the Mills 4x12 and the clip you hear up top was recorded on the old Marshall 4x12. Again, IMHO it sounded much better on the Marshall 4x12.

danyeo":2cxkvsyt said:
hopkinWFG":2cxkvsyt said:
danyeo":2cxkvsyt said:

Thanks. I played the Bones and loved it. It sounded similiar to the sound we had dialed in on the Meathead clips it hought. The Hulk was great but i had a hard time playing on it, i didn't get to tweak it at all though just plugged in and started playing. I played the Hulk on the Mills 4x12 and the clip you hear up top was recorded on the old Marshall 4x12. Again, IMHO it sounded much better on the Marshall 4x12.

Damn !! :rock: :lol: :LOL:

danyeo":1i5tcyyf said:
hopkinWFG":1i5tcyyf said:
danyeo":1i5tcyyf said:

I agree. The hulk is voiced for a marshallesque cabinet.

Damn Greg, you work fast!

Thanks again for your hard work doing this!

DAve Friedman, I will be posting pics later and you will see what Greg had to work with as he was shoe-horned into the back of a drum kit working off a bench getting sandblasted for 6+ hours.

I agree that the Fortin stuff sounds better imo with the marshall cabs and wished that the Mills was loaded the same.

Back