FortinFest '09 Clip Compliation

• Thread starter Thread starter lolzgreg
  • Start date Start date
alot of great clips,alot of great amps...hope you had a blast,guys :rock:

Digging the Hulk clip the most then the Cali clips...that being said you needed me there to bring the brootz! It had to have been 1987 in that place! :poke: :lol: :LOL:

I love me some 80's metal, don't get me wrong, but some of those amps are begging to be riffed on with an LPC tuned to C. :rock:

All kidding aside, you guys sounded like you had a blast and all the amps sound great. I wish I could have been there! :cry:

Can somebody please tell me what kind of guitar and pup were used during the second Cali clip? That is some sweeeeeeet tone. :thumbsup:

OldSkoolNJ":1ljpocuo said:
No clips of the Baron K2???

Nah. Carl Roa, Scott, Mike, raplh and John all heard a decent amount of it. Most of the focus of the day was on the Fortins (for very good reason).

Everyone who heard the Baron liked it a lot.

OldSkoolNJ":3lzvsyqw said:

I liked the Baron alot and IMO it held it's own in that room. There was lots that I would hae wanted to do like hearing the BOgner 4x12 with EVHs in it, a total Cameron w/d vs Fortin Cali w/d with the same player back to back, more time with the Dino, etc.

Fuck did 7 hours fly by.

Capulin Overdrive":35ojgy6y said:
that Jose is one bad mofo! :rock:

+1.....all of the amps sounded great, but the HG Jose was my favorite. I really wish my CCV & Ocean could have been there.... ;) Would love to hear the Fortin's with Scumback M75's.

Digital Jams":31tepr75 said:
OldSkoolNJ":31tepr75 said:

I liked the Baron alot and IMO it held it's own in that room. There was lots that I would hae wanted to do like hearing the BOgner 4x12 with EVHs in it, a total Cameron w/d vs Fortin Cali w/d with the same player back to back, more time with the Dino, etc.

Fuck did 7 hours fly by.

Yeah, those 7 hours felt like 7 minutes. It didn't drag out at all and was super entertaining.

Maybe next time, we can get a lot of stuff there earlier and really have a go at things. I wish I could have ampfest at my house =)

As soon as I have a studio together, future ampfests will be held there if all agree.

they all sounded pretty badass to me! Thanks for taking the time to do this Greg! I really dig that Meathead, sounded killer. I liked the Larry too, has a really cool grind to it. All of them sounded pretty kickass IMO. Nice work again man, and some great playing by all you guys! :rock:

Just heard the Savatage riff in the Dino clip! Fucking :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Erock":1t87hy6u said:
they all sounded pretty badass to me! Thanks for taking the time to do this Greg! I really dig that Meathead, sounded killer. I liked the Larry too, has a really cool grind to it. All of them sounded pretty kickass IMO. Nice work again man, and some great playing by all you guys! :rock:

Any time, dude!

Cameron HG Jose :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

The Cali sounded great as well....I think we need to crank that bitch the next time Dan brings it to my place

Damn been listening to these and now I'm wondering if the Hulk mod is more in line with the tone I'm looking for :lol: :LOL: That Hulk clip sounds fantastic, as opposed to the other clips I've heard which sounded more compressed and modern.

The fact that you played Jesus Saves through the Dino is highlight for me! Killer! :thumbsup:

technomancer":37iy4fmn said:
Damn been listening to these and now I'm wondering if the Hulk mod is more in line with the tone I'm looking for :lol: :LOL: That Hulk clip sounds fantastic, as opposed to the other clips I've heard which sounded more compressed and modern.

keep in mind different guitars were used for all the clips, the hulk was ralphs purple gmw which is a very bright guitar to my ears, while for example the cali mod 2 clip was the suhr with that aldrich pickup which compresses more , but both sound great! i wish i got to play the hulk with my LP

Stratboy151":2a8wurw7 said:
technomancer":2a8wurw7 said:

keep in mind different guitars were used for all the clips, the hulk was ralphs purple gmw which is a very bright guitar to my ears, while for example the cali mod 2 clip was the suhr with that aldrich pickup which compresses more , but both sound great! i wish i got to play the hulk with my LP

Yup I figured as much. Looks like I'll be doing the Cali regardless as the Hulk can only be done on a vertical input JCM 800 2203, and I don't want to wait while I look for one :lol: :LOL: I have one with horizontal inputs that should hopefully be here tomorrow :rock:

technomancer":37izbu96 said:
Stratboy151":37izbu96 said:
technomancer":37izbu96 said:

Yup I figured as much. Looks like I'll be doing the Cali regardless as the Hulk can only be done on a vertical input JCM 800 2203 with vertical inputs, and I don't want to wait while I look for one :lol: :LOL: I have one with horizontal inputs that should hopefully be here tomorrow :rock:

Mind to ask how much would that muscle green man (the Hulk) mod cost at? having a stock marshall

Back