FortinFest '09 Clip Compliation

• Thread starter Thread starter lolzgreg
  • Start date Start date
hopkinWFG":28e5ni5l said:
technomancer":28e5ni5l said:
Stratboy151":28e5ni5l said:
technomancer":28e5ni5l said:
Damn been listening to these and now I'm wondering if the Hulk mod is more in line with the tone I'm looking for :lol: :LOL: That Hulk clip sounds fantastic, as opposed to the other clips I've heard which sounded more compressed and modern.

keep in mind different guitars were used for all the clips, the hulk was ralphs purple gmw which is a very bright guitar to my ears, while for example the cali mod 2 clip was the suhr with that aldrich pickup which compresses more , but both sound great! i wish i got to play the hulk with my LP

Yup I figured as much. Looks like I'll be doing the Cali regardless as the Hulk can only be done on a vertical input JCM 800 2203 with vertical inputs, and I don't want to wait while I look for one :lol: :LOL: I have one with horizontal inputs that should hopefully be here tomorrow :rock:

Mind to ask how much would that muscle green man (the Hulk) mod cost at? having a stock marshall

I do not know and would recommend sending Mike Fortin a PM to get any/all the details.

a very wide spectrum of amplifiers out there after hearing these F**&k clips i swear !! after hearing and are still in my head !! nice job guys how i wish i were to be in states.

Fortin Meathead
Larry Dino
Fortin Hulk mod

:rock:

I gotta give it to the hulk and the hg.

Hulk sounds really damn good, even if it's pushing the ice pick limits. I'm trusting the "bright guitar" comment though. :)

HG Jose sounds chewy. mmm.

John is absolutely correct about My Guitar. It is a bright sounding guitar made from swamp ash and I sometimes prefer them that way because some amps can mud out on you when cranked.(obviously this does not apply to the Hulk :rock: lol!!) The brightness in that guitar offsets the muddyness that some amps get and that guitar gets that VH quality to it no matter what I play through . I did not touch the controls and more then likely would have darkened up the tone a bit.

Now with that said and having played all the amps numerous times The cali mod is the most versatile out of the Mods IMHO. The HULK is amazing but if you are looking for more tones then the Cali will edge it out. Im not saying that the Hulk isn't versatile, because it is but the Cali has more options and you can change the tone a lot more on it then the HULK IMHO.

Another thing to remember is that there was so much going on that we really didn't demo any of the amps in a typical demo fasion.... like going through all of the options instead of just sticking to stun mode LOL!!!. We pretty much just captured people checking out the amps and wailing away with little to no tweaking LMAO. All of my clips were of me using a w/d/w rig but you are only hearing the dry! Dave was actually changing effects patches while I was playing which made me change up some of the things I was playing lol. To say it was fun is an understatement :hys:

Major Props to Greg for his recordings!!!

Gainfreak":1y8nwomj said:
John is absolutely correct about My Guitar. It is a bright sounding guitar made from swamp ash and I sometimes prefer them that way because some amps can mud out on you when cranked.(obviously this does not apply to the Hulk :rock: lol!!) The brightness in that guitar offsets the muddyness that some amps get and that guitar gets that VH quality to it no matter what I play through . I did not touch the controls and more then likely would have darkened up the tone a bit.

Now with that said and having played all the amps numerous times The cali mod is the most versatile out of the Mods IMHO. The HULK is amazing but if you are looking for more tones then the Cali will edge it out. Im not saying that the Hulk isn't versatile, because it is but the Cali has more options and you can change the tone a lot more on it then the HULK IMHO.

Another thing to remember is that there was so much going on that we really didn't demo any of the amps in a typical demo fasion.... like going through all of the options instead of just sticking to stun mode LOL!!!. We pretty much just captured people checking out the amps and wailing away with little to no tweaking LMAO. All of my clips were of me using a w/d/w rig but you are only hearing the dry! Dave was actually changing effects patches while I was playing which made me change up some of the things I was playing lol. To say it was fun is an understatement :hys:

Major Props to Greg for his recordings!!!

Bang-on insight imho. I've played a Cali mod and a Hulk mod and there are no icepicks in the HULK at all. I know ice picky amps pretty well unfortunately. Killer mod for sure :rock: It does "the metal" really well obviously and I was surprised how well you could rock out to "melodic rock" with it as well.

I was happy to hear the Tekro clip with it :D It did it pretty good I'd say. Not as nice as the Cali, but darn good.

Thanks again for the kind words Ralph :thumbsup: As I said, you definitely gotta drop by The Tomato Farm (my little studio) soon to check out the ampage.

The Hulk I think was the best captured on tape along side the reamps I did of the Meathead. The Hulk cut like a hot knife through butter, but maintained a level of tightness, body, and clarity that is very uncommon.

Mike Fortin has more talent as an amp builder than anyone I know at this point in time folks. I would not hesitate to purchase one of his amps if I had the money around.

I would drive 300 miles for another ampfest in a heartbeat :rock:

The Hulk was a mod deisgned for me based off of Mike's design for the Natas.

Mike asked me what I wanted and I told him I wanted the Bruuuuuuutalzzzz hahaha.

I gvae him some clips of bands I'm really into and the sort of tone I was trying to achieve, I told him I have VERY dark guitars, all USA Washburn and Dean Dimebag guitars, all have the Dimebucker or Bill lawrence, then I brought my guitars once the amp was done and we went from there, the Amp was PERFECT for those guitars. It just so happened that I wanted the Meathead more, which is also perfect for my guitars, but it's just MORE....much MORE!

Anyhow, I think Mike has a real winner with all his amp mods and models! I think between the Hulk and Cali I would have all the tones, but I want the modern sound and the modern amp, so thus my choice, but I still want to get another hulk once I get the NAtas hahahahahahaha

I'm addicted!

C

Larry sounds amazing. Fortin Hulk and then Meathead.

And thanks to whoever played the Hall Of The Mountain King riff. One badass tune.

The Cali sounds awesome! For you cats that played it, is it a little more open, aggressive, and stronger feeling & sounding than the Cameron HG Jose? The Jose sounds bad a too, it just sounds a little more compressed and smoother in the clip.

fearhk213":2lus5pds said:
The Cali sounds awesome! For you cats that played it, is it a little more open, aggressive, and stronger feeling & sounding than the Cameron HG Jose? The Jose sounds bad a too, it just sounds a little more compressed and smoother in the clip.

Depends how they are dialed in, you cannot go wrong with either one imo.

The Fortin stuff has got my attention. Did you guys get any Bones clips?

I have to admit, from the clips, the Fortin Cali mod was my favorite!

The recording for the HG Jose didn't do it justice though

would LOVE to try a Cali some day

Back