FOUND Rev C recto or mkiic+

I think you would be let down by these amps just from the tones you like and music you play

I don’t know if you’re buying these to play or collect but I’ll tell you this: My Mark III++ DRGX Blue Stripe is literally just as good as my IIC+ DRGX. In many ways it’s actually a better amp since it’s fully footswitchable and has two more channels.

If you’re buying to collect then by all means get a real IIC+ but if you’re just looking for that sound, look for a Mark III++ with the R2 Mod. Save yourself $10,000.

I don’t know if you’re buying these to play or collect but I’ll tell you this: My Mark III++ DRGX Blue Stripe is literally just as good as my IIC+ DRGX. In many ways it’s actually a better amp since it’s fully footswitchable and has two more channels.

If you’re buying to collect then by all means get a real IIC+ but if you’re just looking for that sound, look for a Mark III++ with the R2 Mod. Save yourself $10,000.
This is in opposition to, for example, a Blueface or BF Spec VH4. That is an amp worth paying extra for because the hype is real. It’s a different amp. The IIC+ and the III++ are 98% the same.

This is in opposition to, for example, a Blueface or BF Spec VH4. That is an amp worth paying extra for because the hype is real. It’s a different amp. The IIC+ and the III++ are 98% the same.
I was so disappointed that I liked the Blueface so much haha- would love a bf spec vh4 but even those are super hard to find at fair prices

I was so disappointed that I liked the Blueface so much haha- would love a bf spec vh4 but even those are super hard to find at fair prices
Haha me too man. I love love, love my 2004 VH4 and thought I’d never love another more but when I got the 2002 BF Spec I was like, “Wow, I’m keeping two VH4s, lol.”

Only reason I have mine is because I bought it from a guy who didn’t know what he had. He just wanted to sell an old Diezel and I’m over here like shut up and take my money haha. $3000 shipped man. Crazy times. There’s still deals out there if you can find them.

Haha me too man. I love love, love my 2004 VH4 and thought I’d never love another more but when I got the 2002 BF Spec I was like, “Wow, I’m keeping two VH4s, lol.”

Only reason I have mine is because I bought it from a guy who didn’t know what he had. He just wanted to sell an old Diezel and I’m over here like shut up and take my money haha. $3000 shipped man. Crazy times. There’s still deals out there if you can find them.
Other than “Blueface spec”, are there other terms in the title of the listings that show that an amp is Blueface spec?

Other than “Blueface spec”, are there other terms in the title of the listings that show that an amp is Blueface spec?
Only thing that might help you with title keyword triggers are 2002 and earlier. Blueface spec was phased out sometime around 2002-2003. Next major change was 2007 when they added the “fizz resistor” and the amps got brighter and fizzier with more gain.

That said, you can identify them better by visuals. The BF spec Silverfaces have cosmetic differences from ‘03 models onwards, which look almost identical to a modern VH4. Best way to show it to you is with a video. I can throw one together with my iPhone this afternoon for ya.

Not to hijack the thread or argue, just sharing my experiences: the 2001 VH4S I had, while a lot closer than the later ones I’ve played still was very different than my ‘97 Blueface and while I think mark iii++’s are great amps in their own right that still of course can have the overall mark/Metallica flavor, for me when AB’ed they totally miss the unique qualities that make a iic+ for me one of my favorite high gain amps regardless of the mark/Metallica association of them (I don’t care about that personally). I can give long winded descriptions of differences I hear, but I’ll just say as always it’s best to try these amps and decide for yourself. If you get an early 2000’s VH4 or mark iii++ we can compare and see what you think as we’ve done before. You can also make videos of them

Not to hijack the thread or argue, just sharing my experiences: the 2001 VH4S I had, while a lot closer than the later ones I’ve played still was very different than my ‘97 Blueface and while I think mark iii++’s are great amps in their own right that still of course can have the overall mark/Metallica flavor, for me when AB’ed they totally miss the unique qualities that make a iic+ for me one of my favorite high gain amps regardless of the mark/Metallica association of them (I don’t care about that personally). I can give long winded descriptions of differences I hear, but I’ll just say as always it’s best to try these amps and decide for yourself. If you get an early 2000’s VH4 or mark iii++ we can compare and see what you think as we’ve done before. You can also make videos of them
dont the stereo ones have a different transformer from the non stereo ones? not sure if that matters

dont the stereo ones have a different transformer from the non stereo ones? not sure if that matters
That I don’t know. Possible, but I’m friendly with another guy I helped find a ‘90’s Blueface VH4S years ago (before covid iirc) and he seemed to love his similarly well to my regular VH4 Blueface. The 2001 VH4S silverface I had was not on that level, just closer in overall flavor than the later ones getting more filtered sounding from what I remember

Back