Friedman Jake E. Lee Review - Big Hairy Guitars

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Willy
  • Start date Start date
Mailman1971":q978oet9 said:
ejecta":q978oet9 said:
Clips are a terrible way to say whether an amp will work for you. I’ve bought amps that sounded great in clips but not so much in person and vice versa. I’d be interested in this amp.
Spoken for truth!! :rock:
Bought many from amp clips. Disappointed.
Bought a few amps on a whim. Blown away!

Yep! I’m more offended by the color than the tone. :D

paulyc":1kmg167x said:
Krull":1kmg167x said:
Amp sounds good to me. Has anyone heard Wizard of Ozz’s clips of his “amazing Rectos and Wizards” Sounds worse than shit, so it’s funny to see him making fun of this clip.
Where are YOUR clips Nancy ??? :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:
:lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Exactly, little Krully doesn't play guitar. Just a political fake news retard hack.

Hey Krull, stick to the OT with all the other tinfoil hat wearers like yourself.

ejecta":3nm64j7z said:
Mailman1971":3nm64j7z said:
ejecta":3nm64j7z said:
Clips are a terrible way to say whether an amp will work for you. I’ve bought amps that sounded great in clips but not so much in person and vice versa. I’d be interested in this amp.
Spoken for truth!! :rock:
Bought many from amp clips. Disappointed.
Bought a few amps on a whim. Blown away!

Yep! I’m more offended by the color than the tone. :D
Very, very true. Clips just aren't a reflection on the tone, of many amps unfortunately. I know sometimes its all we can go on, but I'd rather research the opinions of owners past and present. That's why RT is such a great resource for us.
:rock:

LP Freak":1gcs0ko8 said:
psychodave":1gcs0ko8 said:
Marshalll":1gcs0ko8 said:
NaMM video

Sounds a lot better in this clip. The gain is almost maxed too.
I agree, maybe because it’s an in the room clip. ;)

Agree, this sounds much better and is my favorite of any Friedman. Maybe that's because I love a stock/modded Marshall as much as anything else. This is a nice version of one.

Fuckin' A! That amp rocks. :rock:

I don't like the white faceplate, knobs, or the indicator lamp. Maybe Friedman will off alternate versions?

I think that guy on Big Hairy Guitars is using IRs in his demo. I’m fairly certain he’s not using a real cab.

I think it sounds great. Dialing in a little more presence on high gain would get it right where it needs to be IMO.

Great sounding amp! Always enjoy Mike’s reviews and demos.

Fiesta Red":2f2qp98y said:
If that guy had his nose any farther up Dave Friedman's ass he could kiss his pancreas.

Yeah like this place doesn’t have its fair share of brand fanboi’s. :lol: :LOL:

I think it sounds like Jake tone. He always primarily used plexi's, early 70's superleads to record, and JMP and JCM800 amps live mostly. I seen Jake last year with this amp and the way Jake was running the plexi channel dimed, it was kind of muddy too rounded and didn't seem to cut enough. I think these clips actually sound better than what I heard live.

harddriver":za2ve61t said:
I think it sounds like Jake tone. He always primarily used plexi's, early 70's superleads to record, and JMP and JCM800 amps live mostly. I seen Jake last year with this amp and the way Jake was running the plexi channel dimed, it was kind of muddy too rounded and didn't seem to cut enough. I think these clips actually sound better than what I heard live.
I remember seeing Badlands in 1989 at river fest in St Paul. He used 2 800 stacks live. Killer, killer tone.

I think the amps he was using when I seen him were both 50 watters, I could be wrong, maybe that why they kinda gassed out at the volumes Jake plays at on stage, he is a loud player. I think the plexi channel is really good on this amp, and the JCM channel has the right amount of gain, some people like the crunchy not totally gained out modded sound, I like Daves concept here.

The amp sound pretty good here, it's a big box so I wonder if Dave sent him a 100 watter for this leg of the tour.

Goat":3gjfcc4j said:
Fuckin' A! That amp rocks. :rock:

I don't like the white faceplate, knobs, or the indicator lamp. Maybe Friedman will off alternate versions?

the red ones are limited so once they go then the amp will come in Black

I’ll be playing one in the upcoming weeks and report back.

Krull":m9krzbtl said:
paulyc":m9krzbtl said:
Krull":m9krzbtl said:
Amp sounds good to me. Has anyone heard Wizard of Ozz’s clips of his “amazing Rectos and Wizards” Sounds worse than shit, so it’s funny to see him making fun of this clip.
Where are YOUR clips Nancy ??? :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Where’s YOUR clips hot shot? Oh right. None. :lol: :LOL:
I didn’t name check someone about their clips “sounding worse than shit”. Put up or shut up Nancy.

It's a shame that Jake is playing basically, dive bar rock band music in the last few years. He is a top teir guitarist, but his band is basically your local "nobody's"

Mr. Willy":1ee23uts said:
I think that guy on Big Hairy Guitars is using IRs in his demo. I’m fairly certain he’s not using a real cab.

Bingo.

ejecta":394ew4ys said:
Fiesta Red":394ew4ys said:
If that guy had his nose any farther up Dave Friedman's ass he could kiss his pancreas.

Yeah like this place doesn’t have its fair share of brand fanboi’s. :lol: :LOL:

You're right. I F'ing love Marshall amps and Charvel guitars.

Back