Somebody's operating hours here.

Victoria school holidays 2023

First day of school Monday 30 January 2023

Autumn holidays Friday 7 April – Sunday 23 April

Winter holidays Saturday 24 June – Sunday 9 July

Spring holidays Saturday 16 September – Sunday 1 October

Summer holidays Thursday 21 December – Monday 29 January 2024

Last edited:
I have an ongoing dispute with a girl from high school that that song may be one of the biggest musical mysteries of our time. I’m pretty convinced he says “lady don’t hurt me” and everyone else says “baby don’t hurt me”. If you notice in the video it never videos him singing that particular word so it may never be decided.

Son of a bitch you're right! I've heard the song a million times and never listened but I thought it said baby. I just played it and it's definitely lady. I can hear the d pretty good in the very beginning.

I can't be 100% sure based on listening alone, but...

IMHO it's "baby" with a really-effective pop filter (or deliberate singing technique) and an amplitude ramp of the waveform.

Had a quick look around and every lyric site has it as "baby"... not that it means anything really, but given the stupendous amount of times it's been listened to and talked about over the years you'd think if it were otherwise there'd be some ongoing debates out there. Can't find any.

Also, it's been remixed a kazillion times so you'd think that all that exposure to the individual tracks would've revealed the truth if it were otherwise.

Remember, we tend to hear things as we imagine them. Very-powerful phenomenon and difficult to "unhear" / unlearn.

I can't be 100% sure based on listening alone, but...

IMHO it's "baby" with a really-effective pop filter (or deliberate singing technique) and an amplitude ramp of the waveform.

Had a quick look around and every lyric site has it as "baby"... not that it means anything really, but given the stupendous amount of times it's been listened to and talked about over the years you'd think if it were otherwise there'd be some ongoing debates out there. Can't find any.

Also, it's been remixed a kazillion times so you'd think that all that exposure to the individual tracks would've revealed the truth if it were otherwise.

Remember, we tend to hear things as we imagine them. Very-powerful phenomenon and difficult to "unhear" / unlearn.

That’s why it’s one of the most underrated, undocumented musical mysteries of all time!

Back