Hate for "emo"

• Thread starter Thread starter robb
  • Start date Start date
Digital Jams":kb9mmw66 said:
ejecta":kb9mmw66 said:
EWSEthan":kb9mmw66 said:
Lets get back to songs about partying all night and banging chicks. Thats what rock n roll should be about.

Tell that to Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Rush, SRV, et al who wrote great rock music that had more substance to the lyrics than banging some chicks and getting drunk.

Lots of rain and telephones down is not going to win any pultizer prizes anytime soon either :lol: :LOL:

Me? I would take the entire Dokken and Ratt collection and wipe all vocals off them :thumbsup:

:lol: :LOL: You are right about that rain and telephone. :lol: :LOL: I would take that collection too. Shit Im 39 and starting playing when I was 13 so that was 83.... I grew up cutting my teeth on 80's metal. EVH, Lynch, Schon and DeMartini were THE reason I started playing but man a good portion of the lyrics from that time were lame, lame, lame.

Also there are some great bands out now doing great stuff so it not like there inst good music being made today ... Porcupine Tree, Dredg, Comes With The Fall, Karnivool, Thornley, Jack White's side projects, Radiohead's stuff that isnt electronic, Rush's last one was really good IMHO, Mastadon, Isis, and for pop Mute Math are great. So there is great music being made.

robb":2pmhm6d6 said:
H Golf Sport":2pmhm6d6 said:
robb":2pmhm6d6 said:
" Emo really started about 1981 with a few bands.. 7 seconds, Descendants, and of course Minor Threat. "

Sorry sounds like you were calling these bands emo. I do get the influnced by thing though. " Punk rock credintials." (Chuckling)

You're right. It did sound like that a little. I would never call those bands emo. A whole genre of music doesn't just pop up out of nowhere.. It has a root. Even if the people playing now don't know the roots. Punk credintials did sound stupid but I watched the whole thing go from great to shite over my time. I saw Black Flag when I was 11 years old and was hooked on punk forever..

Wow! What i would give to have seen black flag live!

Back