Hmmm this might go very well with the JVM

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":164b2 said:
Save yourself some money and just get the speakers and load it in your bogner cab. If you are a real stickler for cosmetics then sell the bogner and get a mojotone cab and slap a Marshall logo on it. $1200 for a 4x12 is rediculous. Even discounted it will be on the high dollar side and will sound no better then just about any quality cab that is built today. trust me, You are paying for the name.

I agree and disagree. The smart money would just replace the speakers in the Bogner cab, yeah. But a Mojo cab would run you $400-500? Another $700-800 for the speakers and you're right back at the same price, if not more. And from the pictures I've seen, the HW marshall cab is a lot nicer built than my Mojo cab. Sound better? Maybe not, but there's more to it than just the name.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":d05d4 said:
Save yourself some money and just get the speakers and load it in your bogner cab. If you are a real stickler for cosmetics then sell the bogner and get a mojotone cab and slap a Marshall logo on it. $1200 for a 4x12 is rediculous. Even discounted it will be on the high dollar side and will sound no better then just about any quality cab that is built today. trust me, You are paying for the name.

They only concer that would raise is resale value. Down the road the real Marshall cab would retain it's value more.

>|<>QBB<
ratter":a97ca said:
>|<>QBB<

I agree and disagree. The smart money would just replace the speakers in the Bogner cab, yeah. But a Mojo cab would run you $400-500? Another $700-800 for the speakers and you're right back at the same price, if not more. And from the pictures I've seen, the HW marshall cab is a lot nicer built than my Mojo cab. Sound better? Maybe not, but there's more to it than just the name.

What your saying is pretty true but are those $800 speakers that much better? I do not have a clue myself and dont know many people saying they are that much better or if they can tell the difference.

You won't lose much money if you get that Marshall cab for sure but I just do not know if those speakers are worth it.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":d2045 said:
>|<>QBB<

What your saying is pretty true but are those $800 speakers that much better? I do not have a clue myself and dont know many people saying they are that much better or if they can tell the difference.

You won't lose much money if you get that Marshall cab for sure but I just do not know if those speakers are worth it.

Me either. I'm hoping this thread sheds some light on it without sparking a shit slinging contest.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":04352 said:
>|<>QBB<

Me either. I'm hoping this thread sheds some light on it without sparking a shit slinging contest.

I dont think anyone here has them :?

One place that has the dudes with coin to get them....TGP so wear your Dockers and Izod :D

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":f0364 said:
>|<>QBB<

I also do not have a clue on the sound issue. But the price is what it is. They're pricey speakers whether you buy them from Marshall or Avatar or anybody else. Can't blame Marshall for that.

Now if it's me.... for $800 bucks a quad, you're well into the neighborhood where you can shop for real vintage celestions and that's what I would do/did. But that's neither here nor there as it relates to what Marshall is charging for the new cab.

There's some guys at TGP that have the HW cabs. There was a dude on the metro forum who bought a whole HW stack. If I remember right, he bitched and moaned about the head and eventually sold it. But ...he kept the cabs.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":b3744 said:
>|<>QBB<

I dont think anyone here has them :?

One place that has the dudes with coin to get them....TGP so wear your Dockers and Izod :D

I'll wait and see what the other JVM owners find. Hopefully one of them has a cab like this.

>|<>QBB<
ratter":31022 said:
>|<>QBB<

Replacing teh speakers definitley would be the cheapest rout unless you went for the Avatar vintage cab. As far as buying an unloaded cab I totally agree with you. It depends on what speakers you put in the mojo Cab. If you are going to go for the heritage series then yeah, if you can get a cab with the speakers in it then already that's the way to go! I was thinking jim wanted the h30 re-issues. if that was the case, That avatar cab looks peachy for $488 and rumor has it that its made by Mojo.

Jim,

As far as resale value, your Bogner will hold its value without having to buy a Marshall. if you replace the speakers, you could always store your v30/75 and retur the sucker back to stock if you should sell it.

As far as the Heritage series goes, The Ted Webers clones sound more like the originals then the heritages. I have friends who have owned them all and tested the heritages vs the Webers against some pre-rolas and the Webers won hands down.

ps - all you guys and your Marshall resale value can suck my balls. Where were you when I couldn't give away my mint 1959HW for $1800???? :finger:

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":1018a said:
>|<>QBB<

I'll wait and see what the other JVM owners find. Hopefully onf os them has a cab like this.

Well Steve has a crap load of cabs and there may be a chance that I will just tell Ralphie to take my JVM to his house to let him tweak to save me some time and he has several as well.

GET YOUR NOTEPAD OUT RALPH!!!!! :D

Would it be better to try two Webbers with either the V30s or 75s for the high gain channels?

>|<>QBB<
ratter":08ca5 said:
ps - all you guys and your Marshall resale value can suck my balls. Where were you when I couldn't give away my mint 1959HW for $1800???? :finger:

We are not the TGP so suck ours :x

:D

>|<>QBB<
ratter":4511b said:

:hys:

I feel your pain!!

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":ecdf6 said:
Would it be better to try two Webbers with either the V30s or 75s for the high gain channels?

You are asking the wrong dude. I hate mixing speakers. That said, the re-issue h30's sound great without having to get nuts with the webers or heritages and they sound great with high gain. FWIW, dimebag, lukather and countless others have used 30 watt speakers for high gain. Don;t let the wattage throw you off ;)

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":0653c said:
>|<>QBB<

We are not the TGP so suck ours :x

:D

At least from the TGP I got offered every Anderson and Suhr under the sun in trade lol. It's like growing sea monkeys. Go offer a high-dollar piece of gear fs/ft over there and in 20 minutes your email box will be filled with more quilt than your grandma's attic!

>|<>QBB<
ratter":a9fdf said:
>|<>QBB<

At least from the TGP I got offered every Anderson and Suhr under the sun in trade lol. It's like growing sea monkeys. Go offer a high-dollar piece of gear fs/ft over there and in 20 minutes your email box will be filled with more quilt than your grandma's attic!

Man just get your looney ass over here tomorrow and try out the JVM. LOL

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":b7cc0 said:
>|<>QBB<

Well Steve has a crap load of cabs and there may be a chance that I will just tell Ralphie to take my JVM to his house to let him tweak to save me some time and he has several as well.

GET YOUR NOTEPAD OUT RALPH!!!!! :D

Im pretty sure that the JVM will sound just fine with the h30's. If you heard Georges clips, the you guys already heard what it sounded like with re-issue greenies. Im curious to hear what it is going to sound like though the Mc-90's and I will bring my h30 cab to Steves should he want me to.

>|<>QBB<
ratter":3f060 said:
>|<>QBB<

I posted my Sabre over there and when I got home I had 8 offers for the amp and if I was a dick I could have started a bidding war :o One guy went to the mods to find out the time stamps of the PMs....I kid you not :D

Oh yeah.....Two LPs and one Anderson for me :D

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":7358f said:
>|<>QBB<

Im pretty sure that the JVM will sound just fine with the h30's. If you heard Georges clips, the you guys already heard what it sounded like with greenies. Im curious to hear what it is going to sound like though the Mc-90's and I will bring my h30 cab to Steves should he want me to.

I will call ya sometime this week, depending on when Stevie gets the amps you are welcome to demo mine if I am running late for the pickup.

I have freaking gear everywhere right now in different stages and the Black Tiger shipped :o

Back