Hmmm this might go very well with the JVM

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":0a440 said:
>|<>QBB<

I will call ya sometime this week, depending on when Stevie gets the amps you are welcome to demo mine if I am running late for the pickup.

I have freaking gear everywhere right now in different stages and the Black Tiger shipped :o

:rawk:

on another note ...When is your first lesson?

Mike I highly encourage you to bring your EBMM EVH. Nevermind that I enjoy playing it and think it's one of the best sounding guitars I've ever played. :mrgreen:

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":b98d4 said:
>|<>QBB<

This Saturday at 3:30 :o

Terry better stock up on the hearos :D

Cool!! I think you are going to have a blast. He is very good at what he does! I am digging his CD that I picked up. Sounds killer!

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":c6c93 said:
>|<>QBB<

Cool!! I think you are going to have a blast. He is very good at what he does! I am digging his CD that I picked up. Sounds killer!

Funny you mention that, I just checked out of Guitar 9 :wink:

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":863df said:
Mike I highly encourage you to bring your EBMM EVH. Nevermind that I enjoy playing it and think it's one of the best sounding guitars I've ever played. :mrgreen:

I can do that. Of course, the fret ends will have your hands bleeding. Gotta love winter...

Regarding resale value, I bought my Uberkab for $1050 new and sold it for $1100.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":aa9e1 said:
Hand Wired 4x12
1960AHW
Hand Wired, 120 Watt, Angled
Metal Handles
Celestion G12H-30's
Basket Weave Grill Cloth
"100" logo

MSRP $1,800.00
Our price $1,200.00

All their cabs should be of that quality. It's a shame you have to pay that much for something that "should" be that way to begin with. My Boogie Traditional 4x12 is solid as hell and I paid $849 for it brand new at GC.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":5f041 said:
Regarding resale value, I bought my Uberkab for $1050 new and sold it for $1100.

That has more to do with the person that you sold it to than the actual "resale" value.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":e2b4c said:
hw_cab4x12.jpg
I have the B cab and JVM. I was trying out VHT cabs at GC and I did not like them at all and then saw this. Got it for 1120 out the door. 60 bucks more than the VHT D and Fatbottom. I was running the JVM through the B cab and my Marshall Vintage 30 A cab. It sounds tighter and clearer than the Vintage cab but does not have the mids. It's bright, tight and good bass response.. I really like my VHT through this and the JVM sounds fantastic on clean and crunch but I prefer the Vintage 30s on the OD channels for lead playing. I am thinking a straight cab with Vintage 30s front loaded will kick arse with JVM.

I've got the same HW B cab that simbasa has, and I agree, it's fairly bright, tight, and has great bass response, but less mids. I don't like Vintage 30's though, I prefer these Heritage speakers over any V-30's I've had.

If I were you, I'd just sell off the speakers in your Bogner, and get a nice quad of regular greenbacks or regular G12H-30's. The Heritage speakers are nice, but they're not that nice.

If you're wanting a second cab, then they're actually a great deal. The price is comparable to Bogner and any of the other well made cabs, and the quality is as good or better. Plus, if you decide you want to get some different speakers, you can sell the Heritage G12H-30's and buy some Greenbacks or V30's or whatever and you'll have money left over.

Jim, don't waste your money on the Marshall cab. It's extremely overpriced. You can get an Avatar vintage 4x12 loaded with H30's for $550 SHIPPED.

And i no longer have any hangup on pre-rola or Heritage speakers, especially after hearing Pre-Rola Greenbacks at Physcodaves, they sounded the worst out of all the Greenbacks he had. I think the regular H30's or Greenbacks will sound great once they're broken in, and you could get the Hellatone H30's from Avatar.

Also, i always see Mojo 4x12's on Ebay for $350 but they are empty.

And sorry to say this Jim but i see you selling your JVM in 2 or 3 months. If the amp was perfect for you then you wouldn't be eyeing up a new cab for it.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":18af7 said:
And sorry to say this Jim but i see you selling your JVM in 2 or 3 months. If the amp was perfect for you then you wouldn't be eyeing up a new cab for it.

I was going for looks as much as anything else. Hope you're wrong about the Marshall but if I decide to move it you know exactly what I'll move it for. :D I love the Marshall. I guess I've got a patteren of moving amps though don't I :wink:

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":309cf said:
For $1200 Id buy a 70's Marshall straight cab.

A 70's cab would actually be a better match, looks-wise, too. With the plastic corners.

Back