Holy crap does Fender suck!!!! $11,000 for this POS?!?!?!?

:|::QBB:
Shiny_Surface":52cd6 said:
Shit if no paint equals better tone, just buy a Mexi strat and sandblast off the poly :eek: :lol:

Well believe it or not, I have come across the occasional fairly killer mexi strat :p

The Big Snit":df628 said:
That's what sucks...using the same type of wood and the exact same construction, you still don't know if it's gonna be a good sounding guitar or a great sounding until it's completely finished.

Exactly and no way after days of work to beat the crap out of the body are they going to throw the body out.

Mr Starbucks will be pissed :lol:

The Big Snit":2dfed said:
That's what sucks...using the same type of wood and the exact same construction, you still don't know if it's gonna be a good sounding guitar or a great sounding until it's completely finished.

If you are a master builder you should know things about wood and grain, and how all of that effects tone and which pieces of wood to choose and why.

In fact Id dare to say if you are a MASTER than your guitars should be consistant as a motherfucker. Otherwise you're completely fucking worthless and there is nothing that seperates you from some jackass at warmoth throwing shit together. :lol:

Telephant":731ab said:

If you are a master builder you should know things about wood and grain, and how all of that effects tone and which pieces of wood to choose and why.

In fact Id dare to say if you are a MASTER than your guitars should be consistant as a motherfucker. Otherwise you're completely fucking worthless and there is nothing that seperates you from some jackass at warmoth throwing shit together. :lol:
Maybe...but how can you know exactly what wood will sound like beforehand...do they have x-ray vision or something when they look at each piece of wood? :lol:

The Big Snit":1fc4e said:
:|::QBB:Maybe...but how can you know exactly what wood will sound like beforehand...do they have x-ray vision or something when they look at each piece of wood? :lol:

I dont know, how did Stradavari know which woods are the bomb and which arent? Id assume its all about knowing grain and if wood is over/under weight and physically touching it and things like that. Id also assume that comes with experience.

Telephant":58d31 said:

I dont know, how did Stradavari know which woods are the bomb and which arent? Id assume its all about knowing grain and if wood is over/under weight and physically touching it and things like that. Id also assume that comes with experience.
Even there...I'm sure all the Stradivari sounded a little different....some better, some worse. Some people got ripped. :doh:

How about this, I like my CS Closet Classic '63 Tele :p

Nyah nyah etc. ;)

P1000435.jpg

I like it too. It was probably built by a badass but since your not swinging from GMW's nuts noone will acknowledge it. :thumbsup:

Telephant":bd4cb said:
I like it too. It was probably built by a badass but since your not swinging from GMW's nuts noone will acknowledge it. :thumbsup:

I'm sure GMW makes some nice guitars... for floyd fanboys ;) :lol:

Its all relative. If your loaded with money to spend you buy high end collector stuff and if your middle class you buy american made low end and if your in poverty you take whatever you can get, boil your dirty strings and use em over again. It's not all that big a deal to me. I have some nice stuff but mostly just regular under 2K value wise. I love my $1000 american made strat. I do think its a cut about my Nashville Special Tele. If I were loaded I would likely but some high end stuff especially an old pre-war D-18 Martin. I can really hear the difference in the older Martins thats for sure.

Man, you guys have beaten the dead horse out of hell and into limbo. I think the dead horse may walk again if this keeps up.

Telephant":435b2 said:

YOu swing from your ass punk ass bitch :P :lol:

I have to disagree Shea, nobody in the mass produced guitar business can say how a guitar will sound untill it is done.....ask DAnny about his Koa Suhr ;)

Digital Jams":84869 said:

YOu swing from your ass punk ass bitch :P :lol:

I have to disagree Shea, nobody in the mass produced guitar business can say how a guitar will sound untill it is done.....ask DAnny about his Koa Suhr ;)
Talking some sense...Shea's been on a know-it-all rampage lately. :gethim:

He'll learn as he gets more experience. :D

Back