How far you willing to travel for a CL or Marketplace deal ?

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date
I found a Nash s63 for $1300 that I made a 6 hour round trip for.

Then a few months later, I scored a mark v 25 with the matching 2x12 cab for $1200, that required a 7 hour trip.

I drove an hour to Syracuse to sell my Dirty Shirley head and matching cab.

The fella buying drove to Syracuse from CT.
He really wanted it.

I did drive roughly 90 minutes to Buffalo twice.
Once for a '98 Gibson ES335 dot.
Once for a Marshall 2061 cab.

He tempts me! He tempts me and I shall have it! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give it up!

He tempts me! He tempts me and I shall have it! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give it up!
Top 5 movies ever ^^^.. I remember it in the theater- over and over. (He “tasks” me…. He “tasks” me!)
I’m terrible with quotes but I remember this one very well. Mr Rourke “Ricardo” is a phenomenal actor in Wrath of Kahn. Tattoo, no so much… apparently tattoo had a problem with sex addiction.

20-30 miles is usually about as far as I go.

I have driven over a hundred to meet half way for things hard to find. Before the internet driving hundreds of miles was more common.

There is a MESA Blue Angel I am interested in 40 miles away. I doubt I will go check it out because it is over a hour drive.

Top 5 movies ever ^^^.. I remember it in the theater- over and over. (He “tasks” me…. He “tasks” me!)
I’m terrible with quotes but I remember this one very well. Mr Rourke “Ricardo” is a phenomenal actor in Wrath of Kahn. Tattoo, no so much… apparently tattoo had a problem with sex addiction.
You’re correct. 👍 It’s in my top 3 for sure….along with Poltergeist and Raiders.

I hear you. I live about 35-40 minutes outside of Atlanta and almost all the guitar stores I care to visit and the amp tech I like, involve passing though or really close (perimeter) and it can be a real drag traffic wise.
I like Jeff Andrews down in Dunwoody but damn do I hate going down there. I lived in that area from 08-2013 and it’s almost unrecognizable now. Honestly though the surface street traffic was already so bad back then that it would quite literally take 30 minutes to go 5 miles from my house in Sandy Springs to the grocery store.

It really sucks when a trip to somewhere in the city should theoretically take a few hours all told but can end up killing most of your day instead due to traffic.

Just depends on what it is and how bad I want it. I've driven 6 hours each way for a rare cab years ago. Wasn't fun but damn that cab was cool.

Maybe 30-45 minutes. It really depends on the opportunity.

The farthest I've gone was about 90 miles to sell a Line 6 Vetta II, back in 2013 or so. I was just happy to not have to ship it.

I've driven 500 miles round trip a couple times to buy something. To the Music Go Round in Toledo for a Mesa 4x12 for $125 with MS-12's and Celestion 65's and to Elderly in Lansing, Michigan for a mint Mesa Mark 3 No Stripe HRG combo with the 105 transformer, EV speaker, Tungsram's, 415's and road case for $1000. Now that our daughter is married and lives in London I even check the Craigslist over there to see if there's anything interesting. Here's a pic of 4x12.
IMG_8105.jpeg

I've driven (and stayed the weekend) as far as mid-Kentucky from NW Arkansas. But, I had a guy that was willing to drive all the way from Colorado for an amp head I was selling once. I kinda blew the guy off at first, because it was through FB marketplace and most of the contacts on there are kooks but the guy was dead serious and about to jump in the car. Once I determined that, I offered to ship it to him to save him the trip. LOL

Back