How far you willing to travel for a CL or Marketplace deal ?

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date
I have people in multiple states, OK, TX, MO, and Nebraska. I live in Kansas. I've been buying gear and car audio gear for years from these states.

I left Nashville, 4am on a Saturday morning, towards Dallas, for the International Vintage Guitar Show. Drove 11 hours, got there at around 3pm, unloaded the gear I brought there, met some old friends, checked out the gear that was there, loaded the car and drove back to Nashville. Arrived back home on Sunday 6am. Spent 26 hours out, 22 of them on the road.
Last August I also flew from Nashville to Los Angeles, early the morning, just to grab a small amp, put it in a backpack, and got back in the airplane in the evening to fly back home.
If the gear is that special, I'm willing to go that far. If not, I would not drive more than 30 minutes.

I left Nashville, 4am on a Saturday morning, towards Dallas, for the International Vintage Guitar Show. Drove 11 hours, got there at around 3pm, unloaded the gear I brought there, met some old friends, checked out the gear that was there, loaded the car and drove back to Nashville. Arrived back home on Sunday 6am. Spent 26 hours out, 22 of them on the road.
Last August I also flew from Nashville to Los Angeles, early the morning, just to grab a small amp, put it in a backpack, and got back in the airplane in the evening to fly back home.
If the gear is that special, I'm willing to go that far. If not, I would not drive more than 30 minutes.
I can only imagine which amp would fit. “No I’m not checking my bag!”

I’ve driven over to the Bay Area a couple of times for gear/guitars.

I’ve driven from PA to VA for an original Mesa 4x12 halfback loaded with four EV12L speakers. 🤣
Did you bring a forklift!? I can barely lift a 4x12 loaded with EV's. 😩
IMG_8146.gif

I drove around 5 hours round trip for my JMP half stack and around 8 hrs round trip for my mesa mark 3 half stack. Both were kinda holy grails at good prices. JMP was stock w matching cab and the mesa was a no stripe w a matching EV cab in white. I may have also driven 5 hours round trip for nos tubes as well but that was worth it.

For a 1 of 24 White with gold pinstripe dean Razorback and the Matt Heafy Rising sun. I took a 2 hour flight to Milwaukee from Colorado this past summer. However I got both for 2500 hundred and I seen just one of those guitars go for that. On top of that both these guitars are pretty rare and don’t come up for sale often.

The flight cost 120 bucks both ways and I hung out at airports for 16 hours Denver to Milwaukee and back

Attachments

• IMG_3620.jpeg
    IMG_3620.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 4
12 hours round trip.

(Full touring rig, refrigerator cases and all) Needed a trailer for it.

Last edited:
n just one of those guitars go for that. On top of that both these g
For a 1 of 24 White with gold pinstripe dean Razorback and the Matt Heafy Rising sun. I took a 2 hour flight to Milwaukee from Colorado this past summer. However I got both for 2500 hundred and I seen just one of those guitars go for that. On top of that both these guitars are pretty rare and don’t come up for sale often.

The flight cost 120 bucks both ways and I hung out at airports for 16 hours Denver to Milwaukee and back
Score

I once drove a little over a thousand miles to buy a thing once.

Denver to LA

I'll go far if it's what I want

I remember this guy flying out to Las Vegas from like Ohio or something to buy my old Jeep and drive it back. He was so happy because it didn't have rust all over it. He used to send me Christmas cards out of the blue until I moved, so I don't know if he still does :ROFLMAO:

We had a customer fly to MI from Arizona to pick up a guitar that we put a tremendous amount of effort into. We found out 2 weeks later that the guitar was hung from the ceiling 30' above the dance floor with a spotlight shining on the finish 12 hours a day.

I wish I had the man hours back worrying about the inlays & clear coat on that guitar.

5 hours or so each way to get gear from Dan Travis and Kurtstuff.

Back