I do CNC wood working but this blew my mind

• Thread starter Thread starter John4021
  • Start date Start date
John4021
John4021
From the builder.
He has it listed on EBAY and donating the fund from the sale to a charity.

I’ve always loved Eddie Van Halen’s iconic striped series of guitars, so I decided to build an homage to this classic style. Rather than painting the stripes onto the body, I constructed the guitar from solid pieces of padauk (red), maple (white), and wenge (black). The guitar is based largely on Eddie’s custom 1986 Kramer striped guitar that he played during the 5150 tour. My name is also Kramer which is a happy coincidence
:joy:

w9ed84El.jpg

9u1kPE5l.jpg

SRfrzNNl.jpg

LnJyaZel.jpg

I'll bet Wolf Van Halen would snap that up if he finds out about it.

Wow, labor of love for sure - that he did the back too is super impressive

that is cool!
Makes it look classy!

well i don't know if it automatically translates to the back, since it's got the "white" tape all around the side. Looks like a sandwich construction to me.

that is cool!
Makes it look classy!

well i don't know if it automatically translates to the back, since it's got the "white" tape all around the side. Looks like a sandwich construction to me.
Yeah, it looks like it was re-sawn in half and then a maple slab glued in the middle of the sandwich. Pretty damn cool!

My God the time it must have taken to make that! Just pure talent so very cool

That’s pretty rad… but the bottom half is all a bit derpy. The horn carve is odd for sure as is the bottom round.

Maybe to avoid a law suit? Or didn’t use a template to cut?

That’s pretty rad… but the bottom half is all a bit derpy. The horn carve is odd for sure as is the bottom round.

Maybe to avoid a law suit? Or didn’t use a template to cut?
He must have used either a generic CNC program or wrote one himself.
I seen pictures while the body slab was on the CNC machine.

Very cool! My dad would have loved a project like that. All of us kids inherited beautiful woodworking projects he made for mom over his lifespan. It makes me grin to see something like this trigger memories of my dad.

From the builder.
He has it listed on EBAY and donating the fund from the sale to a charity.

I’ve always loved Eddie Van Halen’s iconic striped series of guitars, so I decided to build an homage to this classic style. Rather than painting the stripes onto the body, I constructed the guitar from solid pieces of padauk (red), maple (white), and wenge (black). The guitar is based largely on Eddie’s custom 1986 Kramer striped guitar that he played during the 5150 tour. My name is also Kramer which is a happy coincidence
:joy:

w9ed84El.jpg

9u1kPE5l.jpg

SRfrzNNl.jpg

LnJyaZel.jpg
The only Frankie model I have ever wanted!! Gorgeous work. Wow

Back